Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,301 Posts
Currently the production limits in in the US are allowing 1000 cars a month GR86's, its going to be incredibly interesting to see how many cars they bring to Australia every month.

And what happens with the eyesight requirements for manual cars as of the middle of next year I wonder, they have to install the nannies by law in Australia and Subaru is yet to be able to produce a version compatible with any of its manual transmission cars. They MUST be working on it, but the lack of clarity over the manual car next year is pretty astonishing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
If the model is released before Mar 2023, then as long as it’s the same series, you can continue to sell it without aeb fitted. Toyota used these kinda methods to keep the 70’s series on sale forever. I think Australia will have 500 GR86’s delivered by the end of the 2023.

·
Super Moderator
1,301 Posts
If the model is released before Mar 2023, then as long as it’s the same series, you can continue to sell it without aeb fitted. Toyota used these kinda methods to keep the 70’s series on sale forever. I think Australia will have 500 GR86’s delivered by the end of the 2023.
Don't they have until June 31st 2023?

·
Super Moderator
1,301 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Yeah, so this series of GR86 and BRZ will be fine. We know that in the EU the 86 will be removed from market come 2025. Subaru Australia want the BRZ manual to be AEB compatible. Subaru Japan may have their hand forced and make this happen, Australia is a good market for BRZ sales. Toyota Australia haven’t said anything as yet, but they would surely be keen to see the model live out to around 2027-28.

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Liberty RSK B4 Auto
12 Posts
That was at the Parafield Peter Kittle Toyota last November.

I put one in @ Peter Kittle last year around aug-sep? Hopefully I'm somewhere near the front of the queue.... If I even still want it by then!
Might just hand over the queue to someone else, been almost a year at this point and circumstances change.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
So a few early deposit people in SA, but not a huge amount. I took photos of the BRZ on display at all Japan day earlier in the year. I’ve not seen a new BRZ since, it’s a rare kinda car here still.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw a new brz on monday cruising down tapleys hill road in SA. Damn that wrc blue is nice! Almost enough to have me tempted on one.

I put down a deposit and my name at cmi on Port road about a month ago and they said they had about 30-40ish "preorders" already between their 3 dealerships in SA.

So a few early deposit people in SA, but not a huge amount. I took photos of the BRZ on display at all Japan day earlier in the year. I’ve not seen a new BRZ since, it’s a rare kinda car here still.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I saw a new brz on monday cruising down tapleys hill road in SA. Damn that wrc blue is nice! Almost enough to have me tempted on one.

I put down a deposit and my name at cmi on Port road about a month ago and they said they had about 30-40ish "preorders" already between their 3 dealerships in SA.
I saw a BRZ once in Westlake shopping center, once in Warradale Hotel with demo logo car, once in Kuarralta Park

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i reached out to my local Toyota dealer - Torque Toyota here in North Brisbane.
I was told they had been given no release date, nor could he confirm that the vehicle would even be released. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, because it even says on the Toyota Australia page to register your interest for release later this year and now I have this random guy trying to tell me that they don't know if it's even being released in Australia. He then went on to tell me that if anything changed and they did were to confirm a release date, he would get in touch. That dealership just lost my business and I will definitely be going somewhere else that wants to be a bit more helpful.

·
Super Moderator
1,301 Posts
GR86 and BRZ weight information on each wheel

View attachment 10199
I think this one compared the lower spec 17 inch gr86 vs the top spec BRZ with 18's, but they wont match ours I'd imagine owing to the full size spare with the BRZ.

Anyone know what I can do to get my car corner weighed? I think I can use a weigh bridge but those are usually just the entire car aren't they?

201 - 220 of 247 Posts