Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I placed my order in Jan and CMI Toyota told me I'm the fifth, but at that time no further information, the seller tried to explain what is GR86, I think I might know more than the dealer, just place an order waiting for the keys on hand.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Is there any chance that they will be refunding our deposits because they don't get enough stock for Australia? D:

I just hope I can get to choose my build (premium, Halo white, manual). But given stock limitations I wonder if we will need to settle for whatever colour/specs they build.....
When I put in my deposit, the Toyota dealer told me it can be refundable.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Type B GR86 launch in Japan, maybe that's the model also launch in Australia.

Video says exterior is all the same
Change turn signal or headlight?
MT with eyesight?
CUP Car Basic model in Japan? ¥3,334000 jpy
Type B might start to produce on the 24th May but depending on how many type A still left for production. This may delay Type B production.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Toyota just called and told me official pre-orders opened today for the GR86! They said that they still don't have pricing or time frames on orders but it's a start... Hopefully they put the foot down to get them built soon!
Just wondering how it works, I just called my Toyota dealer he doesn't have any clues, he asked me from the Toyota website or internal system. 🤣

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just got an SMS from Subaru dealer (I test drove a BRZ in Feb) asking if I was still interested in BRZ. I think they are opening up orders for the BRZ again. Told him I already put my deposit down on the GR86
The BRZ second batch open few days ago 2023 Subaru BRZ prices rise, as orders re-open

but on the Aus BRZ thread, the first batch owner still waiting for their BRZ to come to Australia. So for the second batch, we have no idea when can give the key to the owner.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes a long time, but the main reason is the AEB cut off date is March 1, all models new to market after this date must have it fitted. This would rule out a GR86 manual if they didn’t make it to market in time.
What if the MT with eyesight?

·
Registered
66 Posts

Have you guys seen this?

Spain is getting a Circuit Edition which "includes Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, 18-inch forged wheels with a design unique to the Circuit Pack, and racing brakes with new calipers and rotors"

I would cancel my BRZ order in a HEARTBEAT if Toyota Australia confirmed these specs/options for us. Hopefully we get it on launch too!
Just hope Australia also opens bookings somewhere in June to place the order as Spain and deliver in July.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I saw a new brz on monday cruising down tapleys hill road in SA. Damn that wrc blue is nice! Almost enough to have me tempted on one.

I put down a deposit and my name at cmi on Port road about a month ago and they said they had about 30-40ish "preorders" already between their 3 dealerships in SA.
I saw a BRZ once in Westlake shopping center, once in Warradale Hotel with demo logo car, once in Kuarralta Park

1 - 20 of 49 Posts