Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
WR Blue Pearl 2022 BRZ Limited 6AT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does everyone feel about the higher-spec audio system in our cars? I'm having a weird issue with mine, where there's a particular frequency that the stereo system makes that just comes out 10x louder than the rest of the music that I'm listening to - everything is perfectly balanced until the car hits that frequency, then it all just HURTS.

Has anyone felt this? Anyone made it go away? We don't exactly have a ton of tuning options in the stereo.

Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
4 Posts
How does everyone feel about the higher-spec audio system in our cars? I'm having a weird issue with mine, where there's a particular frequency that the stereo system makes that just comes out 10x louder than the rest of the music that I'm listening to - everything is perfectly balanced until the car hits that frequency, then it all just HURTS.

Has anyone felt this? Anyone made it go away? We don't exactly have a ton of tuning options in the stereo.

Thanks,

Justin
Ive found that up to the 14-16 mark, the audio system sounds good. Once I’m on the highway, and need to compensate for road noise, I’m finding that I have to crank it up a few notches and the higher frequencies sound pretty harsh/shrill.

I haven’t found a perfect setting, but it’s clear the door speakers can’t handle much bass. I’ll probably get the oemaudioplus kit for the 22 BRZ whenever they finish developing it. That or an OEM subwoofer (assuming it ever gets released as an option).

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ive found that up to the 14-16 mark, the audio system sounds good. Once I’m on the highway, and need to compensate for road noise, I’m finding that I have to crank it up a few notches and the higher frequencies sound pretty harsh/shrill.

I haven’t found a perfect setting, but it’s clear the door speakers can’t handle much bass. I’ll probably get the oemaudioplus kit for the 22 BRZ whenever they finish developing it. That or an OEM subwoofer (assuming it ever gets released as an option).
I have a 2013 Prius. I found that I was constantly having to turn the volume up and down. I upgraded to aftermarket speakers and amp, and added sound deadening material. Really cut down on the noise. The installer threw the old speakers in the hatch. They were pretty thrashed. It was a used car, so I have no idea what the previous owner did.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Have you checked these menus yet?
Font Gadget Screenshot Display device Multimedia

Font Audio equipment Technology Gadget Electronic device

Computer Font Display device Electronic device Technology

Gadget Font Personal computer Computer Display device

Communication Device Mobile device Font Vehicle Gadget

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yepp! I’ve been tinkering with the EQ, those virtual bass options, as well as the EQ on my iPhone (Spotify). I see that you have your treble cranked and the beat enhancer on -I’ll have to play with that and see where it takes me.
The beat enhancer made a big difference. For a small affordable RWD sports car, I cannot imagine Toyota/Subaru making the sound system any better than it currently is. If they did it would drive costs up too far. Honestly, if the sound system is not to anyone's liking, maybe they should be looking at another vehicle. The BRZ/GR86 is a drivers car, not a posh quiet riding, big sound system, easy to get in and out of type of vehicle. There is this thing society has gotten into their head that they should always be able to have their cake and eat it too, but that is 100% a fantasy. No matter what, everything is compromised in one way or another in order to hit those budget numbers that allow them to give us such a fantastic car. We are all EXTREMELY lucky, that such a car even exists in today's markets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The beat enhancer made a big difference. For a small affordable RWD sports car, I cannot imagine Toyota/Subaru making the sound system any better than it currently is. If they did it would drive costs up too far. Honestly, if the sound system is not to anyone's liking, maybe they should be looking at another vehicle. The BRZ/GR86 is a drivers car, not a posh quiet riding, big sound system, easy to get in and out of type of vehicle. There is this thing society has gotten into their head that they should always be able to have their cake and eat it too, but that is 100% a fantasy. No matter what, everything is compromised in one way or another in order to hit those budget numbers that allow them to give us such a fantastic car. We are all EXTREMELY lucky, that such a car even exists in today's markets.
I want to rant about how it’s not asking too much for a sound system. I think that late night drives and great music go hand In hand. That said, I understand that a budget sports car may not have a banger system, but I would have optioned a Harman Kardon system of Subaru offered it. My 24k Hyundai had a better sound system 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
183 Posts
Agreed. It would have cost them peanuts to add a sub. Or at least make it available at launch for God's sake. Rediculous.

Plus, they could have just made the old one work with the new car. Duh.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I want to rant about how it’s not asking too much for a sound system. I think that late night drives and great music go hand In hand. That said, I understand that a budget sports car may not have a banger system, but I would have optioned a Harman Kardon system of Subaru offered it. My 24k Hyundai had a better sound system 🤷🏻‍♂️
Let me just point to the fact that the GR Supra which is between 48k and 60k also has a crappy sound system, even with the 12 speaker system. All you have to do is spend 5 minutes on Supramkv.com, and you will see there are a LOT of owners unhappy with the OEM system. If Mazda can put a Bose system in the Miata, including speakers in the headrests, Toyota can stop dicking around with the sub par JBL systems they’ve been sticking Toyota owners with for decades😡

·
Registered
183 Posts
But for a small amount of money they could have given us a sub option and all the complaining would be gone.

No one was expecting a Bose system. But since I paid an extra 2500 for the limited they could have either given me a sub or offered me one for a price. Problem solved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well...basically agree with the comments, but for a few of us high quality sound is a big deal. And I don't just mean a 18 inch sub that will rattle the neighborhood. I mean high fidelity sound, which of course by just saying those words, places me in that category of peeps that let's just say grew up in an era when things like that mattered and vinyl was the only medium of choice. Go ahead and bash me here....

So yes for a drivers car, why are you surprised they didn't drop a quality sound system in it - why would they. But it is a tuners car, so for those of us that love quality sound (and I don't mean the so called upgraded factory subs - they stink), but at least they considered it, so it is a nice platform to work off. Some will drop $5k into coil overs, exhaust, wheels, intakes, carbon bits, on and on. And some of will drop that into sound. Cool either way - this thing is meant to be tuned to your liking.

Carry on....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts