Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Disclaimer…I did not tell my wife what I spent, but could not be happier with my upgrades. The car and audio is now truly an experience. I put in a Kicker 48trtp12 sealed downward firing enclosure compRT 12” shallow mount subwoofer and passive radiator 500w rms. This is a low profile sub that fits in my trunk and doses not take a a large amount of space. It also can quick disconnect if you would need the space. I put in the OEM Plus speakers and added JL 5 channel 700w amp and topped it off with a Rockford DSR 1 digital processor. I attached the receipt to see what was put in minus the oem plus speakers. Great system.

Attachments

·
Registered
2023 BRZ Premium
146 Posts
Are the front door speakers just woofers or full range speakers? What size? I have a 6.5" set and 5.25" set of Alpine speakers in my garage I bought for a previous car I never got around to installing. Just wondering if they will fit my base model BRZ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Disclaimer…I did not tell my wife what I spent, but could not be happier with my upgrades. The car and audio is now truly an experience. I put in a Kicker 48trtp12 sealed downward firing enclosure compRT 12” shallow mount subwoofer and passive radiator 500w rms. This is a low profile sub that fits in my trunk and doses not take a a large amount of space. It also can quick disconnect if you would need the space. I put in the OEM Plus speakers and added JL 5 channel 700w amp and topped it off with a Rockford DSR 1 digital processor. I attached the receipt to see what was put in minus the oem plus speakers. Great system.

Nice! I have a DSR1 sitting here from my previous car. I'd love to use it in my brz..

What wiring harness did you use for it? Or did you not use one? what car did you flash the dsr1 to? Do they steering wheel controls still work?

Any help on getting this dsr1 hooked up in my car would be greatly appreciated. Then I can install my Hertz subs, PPI amps, and Hertz components running active like I had in my Focus RS.

Jay

61 - 63 of 63 Posts