Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2022 BRZ Limited 6MT - I value decent audio - I don't need audiophile quality but the stock audio I find pretty bad. I'm looking for upgrade recs, any suggestions? Any success in replacing the speakers only? Or is it mostly the amp/head unit? What have people done?

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Sport-Tech 6MT, WR Blue
39 Posts
Any success in replacing the speakers only? Or is it mostly the amp/head unit? What have people done?
I have yet to see anything on the internet about replacing components on the 22 models, and I share your concerns. I don't need my car to be "the best audio experience on wheels" but man oh man is this car rough around the edges. I know a company sold a complete makeover kit for the last models including a sub in the trunk.

It's been almost 20 years since I've had to do car audio; I guess I've been spoiled. I was thinking of starting with a speaker replacement. Nothing more, no cutting, just replace the existing speakers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have yet to see anything on the internet about replacing components on the 22 models, and I share your concerns. I don't need my car to be "the best audio experience on wheels" but man oh man is this car rough around the edges. I know a company sold a complete makeover kit for the last models including a sub in the trunk.

It's been almost 20 years since I've had to do car audio; I guess I've been spoiled. I was thinking of starting with a speaker replacement. Nothing more, no cutting, just replace the existing speakers.
Yes! It is a bit rough around the edges, I posted on a reddit sub about the audio, someone replied the best place to start is probably replacing the factory amp and door speakers, seems reasonable and not too expensive. The other product with the woofer in the trunk is by a company called OEM AudioPlus, it's a total replacement and costs about $1600.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts