Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey thanks for taking the time to stop by my build thread.. so I’m pretty new to this platform, never had a previous FRS/BRZ. I’m excited to learn and explore this new chassis. I also own a 2020 civic type r and a 2021 toyota supra, and both of those cars obviously are fast than the GR86 but the GR86 out handles my supra stock vs stock and is right behind my type r as well! I’m really impressed with the little gr86 so far 👍🏽 Anyway on with some pictures
My 2020 Honda TypeR
Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

My 2021 Toyota Supra
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Bumper

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I have been looking for a base model MT red gr86 for months… I didn’t want a premium because I wasn’t sure if I liked the duckbill wing on the trunk and I was going to change the wheels and seat anyway so I definitely knew I needed a base model.. but everyone I found was ether sold or the dealers wanted 3.5-7k over MSRP. I looked everywhere in state out of state and I couldn’t lock one down, until about 2 weeks ago… the dealer where I bought my supra and tacoma from gave me a call and let me know that a guy had a red GR86 on order but then backed out of the deal and they wanted to know if I wanted it. I drove down to the dealership right away to negotiate a price and put a deposit down on the car. They told me they would sell me
The car at MSRP but after negotiating with the GM for a bit I ended up getting 1k below MSRP because I had bought my previous cars from that dealership. So with that bit finished I went home and the car arrived 3 days later
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a set of 18x9.5 Volk TE37s on order but with the 6-7 month wait times I had to get something in the mean time. So I contacted my good friend Matt that owns ICB motorsports over in Arizona and he hooked me up with some satin gunmetal 18x8.5 Regamasters. I also picked up a set of 245/35 Falken RT660S
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Floor Gas Rolling

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Motorcycle Tire
Motor vehicle Automotive design Truck Vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so much better than the premium! Let me know how you like them. I'm not the biggest fan of this style from Recaro, but considering from a pair of RS7s at the moment.
Thanks man. I wasn’t able to find a premium at MSRP lol all the dealerships wanted like 5-7k over.. I was going to change the wheels anyway so with that extra 7k I saved I was able to get wheels suspension and seats lol so it worked out

·
Registered
2022 Halo White Toyota GR86 6MT
162 Posts
Thanks man. I wasn’t able to find a premium at MSRP lol all the dealerships wanted like 5-7k over.. I was going to change the wheels anyway so with that extra 7k I saved I was able to get wheels suspension and seats lol so it worked out
That’s pretty much what I did too! Hahaha. Exhaust, wheels, coilovers, and small bits. Seats hopefully coming soon, but now I’m looking as some 326 power seats as well. Basically just bride knockoffs, but such a cool company

·
Registered
Halo GR86 Premium; Suzuki Samurai JX
276 Posts
Beautiful! Definitely on the list once the factory seats start wearing out. They fit the interior so well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts