Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my fair share of experiences with different suspension setups and I know the headaches of trying to figure out which one is worth your well-earned money and time. We always say you get what you pay for, but is that always the case?

I tested out a set of $800 coilovers to see whether or not they're worth it.

Have you guys had experiences with cheaper coilovers on the market?

·
Registered
MY22 Toytoa GR86 - Premium MT6 - Neptune Blue
82 Posts
I plan on watching this later today, but from previous experiences, it is well worth the extra money to get a set of coilovers that were specifically valve'd and spring'd for that application and your goals (street car vs track car). With suspension and ride quality, a "one size fits all" approach isn't the answer. However, I do understand budget is a big factor in that decision, so if you want low and are limited financially, i think cheaper coils are worth it.

It's all preference and budget in my opinion. Looking forward to watching. Thanks for all the good vids!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Even though not for the track, would be interesting to benchmark vs. stock.

·
Registered
MY22 Toytoa GR86 - Premium MT6 - Neptune Blue
82 Posts
I plan on watching this later today, but from previous experiences, it is well worth the extra money to get a set of coilovers that were specifically valve'd and spring'd for that application and your goals (street car vs track car). With suspension and ride quality, a "one size fits all" approach isn't the answer. However, I do understand budget is a big factor in that decision, so if you want low and are limited financially, i think cheaper coils are worth it.

It's all preference and budget in my opinion. Looking forward to watching. Thanks for all the good vids!
This set looks like a good cost savings / budget friendly set of coils. Good review. Would be interested to hear how they are with a softer damper setting. I would use a very soft setting for daily driving with my S.O. to improve ride quality and harshness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts