Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

Anyone here? :)

32K views 205 replies 35 participants last post by  STIconvert 
#1 ·
Just seeing how many folks from New England have ordered an 86 or BRZ here.

I know there's a few!

waves

#12 ·
Im in north central Massachusetts. Have a deposit on a manual Red Premium GR86. No word from my dealer...other than they submitted it to toyota. Whether or not they get mine build in an allocation is another story. So i wait. Wish there was a New England website for Toyota...that told you what was coming in. Subaru has SNE1.COM that i have used many times when I bought Subarus. ..and it was pretty awesome to see what cars where in transit.

Jay

#13 ·
Im in north central Massachusetts. Have a deposit on a manual Red Premium GR86. No word from my dealer...other than they submitted it to toyota. Whether or not they get mine build in an allocation is another story. So i wait. Wish there was a New England website for Toyota...that told you what was coming in. Subaru has SNE1.COM that i have used many times when I bought Subarus. ..and it was pretty awesome to see what cars where in transit.

Jay
This is why I cancelled my GR 86 order, and a White Limited BRZ is being delivered to my house tomorrow
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#20 ·
I posted this in the other thread as well, but should be "soon".

I'm hoping my dealer is underpromise/overdeliver in regards to timing. :)

So I pinged my salesperson and got my vin. (yay, it exists!)

0069 (Neptune, Premium, Manual)

And it should have landed or will be soon in the port of NY. Then probably another 3-4 weeks of processing/delivery to Massachusetts.

I think this is lining up with some of the other Northeast Folks. No junk accessories except the Charge Cables, but whatever.

2T All Weather Mat PackagePort
59 Quick Charge CablePort
FE 50 State EmissionsFactory
MN Auto Dimming Mirror w/HomelinkPort
WL Wheel LocksPort

#21 ·
Mine was supposed to be in port yesterday but not showing yet as unloaded so most likely on the same boat!

Mine is Premium Manual Pavement with a few things that will come right off
1F GR Fender Vent InsertsPort
2T All Weather Mat PackagePort
91 GR Shift KnobPort
D5 Door Edge GuardsPort
EI Rear Bumper Applique - BlackPort

Will be removing the fender inserts and the Bumper Applique right away, sucks paying for them but its the cost of being early!

#22 ·
I've had a VIN for mine for a while. Hit port 12/31. Supposed to be a few weeks, which is faster than I thought. They tacked on shifter knob, black lug nuts, and edge guards. I wish they had done the floor mats instead, but it still comes in under $30k if they don't try to pull a last minute markup on me. If they try that, I can wait for another one.

#28 ·
If the '14 Day Processing' is accurate (with no delays) it looks like the ship should be out of jersey later today, and then the countdown begins I suppose.

Anyone know how long it takes rail/truck logistics to get up to Boston on average? I'm guessing probably last week of January, or first couple weeks of Feb.

VesselCall SignLloyd´s NumberTerminalBerth NumberCargoEstimated ArrivalEstimated DepartureAgent NameAgent
Telephone
UpdatedPending
Berth App.
SAGITTARIUS LEADER3EAB79283887Public Berth - NJ25Toyota01/08/2022 03:0001/08/2022 21:00Port Authority of NY/NJ718390305901/07/2022 07:16:45 PMNO

#30 ·
I was mucking around with Postman with that reddit thread that got posted.

See how quickly our cars go from Allocated to Freight - unless Toyota's Web/IT team locks this down again. :p

{
"vin": "0069",
"brand": "TOYOTA",
"marketingSeries": "GR86",
"family": [
"Cars & Minivan"
],
"seriesCode": "86",
"year": 2022,
"isTempVin": false,
"dealerCd": "20113",
"dealerCategory": "A",
"distributorCd": "TMNA",
"bodyStyleDesc": "2+2 COUPE 6 SPD M/T",
"seating": 4,
"model": {
"modelCd": "6255",
"phaseCd": "A",
"marketingName": "GR86 Premium MT",
"marketingTitle": "GR86 Premium MT"
},
"engine": {
"engineCd": "2FN",
"name": "2.4L FA24 NA 4Cyl.",
"noOfC

#33 ·
Yup, still 'A'. I imagine they will probably sit at the port awhile before they hit 'F'.

{
"vin": "<REDACTED>",
"Cars & Minivan"
],
"dealerCategory": "A",
},

#36 ·
It will be interesting if the magical mammals car gets released before mine because of the Homelink mirror - that would be an interesting data point for other folks. (And would make sense if there's a shortage of them.)

I guess it depends if Toyota will release the car for an install later, just remove it from the spec, or hold it at port.

#41 ·
Test drove it and I pick it up tomorrow. It's even better than I thought it would be. Had 4 miles on it. Computer was solidly reading over 40 mpg at 65 mph, so the EPA numbers are garbage as I thought they'd be. Granted, that's a slower speed than I'll usually drive on the highway, but that's way over EPA while still well within the break in period, which IME with other cars is always worse. Plenty of power getting around even below 4k. Was worried the sear might be too tight and require modifications, like my Focus ST did, but they seem really comfortable so far. I'm excited to be able to see the rounded bodywork from the seat like a classic old sports car, which is something that was harder to see in my 240 and 260Z. Clutch is a little light if I have to find a complaint, but feel isn't bad, so . . . yeah, it's not much of a complaint.

Trunk is too small for bodies, but I'm getting a little old for that kind of thing and I'm keeping the Camry, so I'll just use that anonymous cruiser if they pull me back in for wet work!

#43 ·
@MagicAardvark - looks like mine moved to Freight in the past hour or so. No ETA though.

"vin": "REDACT",
"Cars & Minivan"
],
"dealerCategory": "F",
},
"engine": {
"engineCd": "2FN",
"name": "2.4L FA24 NA 4Cyl.",
"noOfCylinders": "4",
"horsepower": "228",
"fuelType": "G"
},

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.