Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
Pavement Grey GR86 Premium
42 Posts
Im going to ask them to not drill anything for a front plate, see how long I can run it before being pulled lol

Got my clear side markers on their way to me, where did you get the JDM tips from?

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Im going to ask them to not drill anything for a front plate, see how long I can run it before being pulled lol

Got my clear side markers on their way to me, where did you get the JDM tips from?
Yup, i have the clear side markers on the way as well.

I bought them on ebay - about 120 something dollars shipped from overseas.

SU003-01126 is the part number.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My dealer didn't attach my front plate, which I thought was cool of them. I'm middle aged now, so I don't have cops following me like when I was young, but I figure it's a matter of time before the predatory tax collectors get to me and I have to mount the stupid thing. Where does the relocation kit move the plate to? Does it use the tow eye mount?

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
My dealer didn't attach my front plate, which I thought was cool of them. I'm middle aged now, so I don't have cops following me like when I was young, but I figure it's a matter of time before the predatory tax collectors get to me and I have to mount the stupid thing. Where does the relocation kit move the plate to? Does it use the tow eye mount?
Yup. I bought this one. Some people don't like that it's offset to the side - but I have had them on all of my cars and do not mind it. It can be annoying with parking sensors on some cars, like my BMW wagon (when the sensors actually work which is...not often lately, lol)

I've never passed inspection here in MA without the front plate affixed, so it's just automatic at this point to not get harassed via inspection stations/police. Though I'm an old lady - so I doubt I'm as interesting as the younger folk in that regard. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, I figure I'll be stuck having to put it on before the next inspection. My Datsun 260Z had an offset front plate and I liked the look (and it was half-hidden under the bumper). I like how this one can be angled. Looking forward to seeing it on your car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just zip-tie mine on before inspection, then pull it off again after.

im also not a super young guy so that helps I think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@misslauren82
I just put a deposit in for a Premium Neptune Blue 6MT a week ago. I saw your car on the allocation list as reserved. I’m super jealous. Lol. I’ll have one in the next 4-78 months…..hopefully.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
@misslauren82
I just put a deposit in for a Premium Neptune Blue 6MT a week ago. I saw your car on the allocation list as reserved. I’m super jealous. Lol. I’ll have one in the next 4-78 months…..hopefully.

Congrats!

And yes 4-78 months seems an accurate assessment I've found with my first Toyota*** purchase.

Lol.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
],
"seriesCode": "86",
"year": 2022,
"isTempVin": false,
"dealerCd": "20113",
"dealerCategory": "F",
"distributorCd": "TMNA",
"bodyStyleDesc": "2+2 COUPE 6 SPD M/T",
"seating": 4,
"eta": {},
"model": {

That's mine now - I wonder if it's in the process of flipping to 'G'.

I bet it's some old crusty system they batch it out through the day. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
How do you guys go about checking the API? Is there any way to see available allocations? My sales guy just told me the mid-month allocation dropped today and there is only 2 Premium M/T’s that are already spoken for. I guess I’m waiting until the next allocation in February to be disappointed again.

What is up with all the cars coming in as Auto? I have a friend who works at a Toyota dealer and he said it’s a 70/30 split from autos to manual. Who is buying these cars with auto transmissions? Clearly not anybody on any of the forums.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
How do you guys go about checking the API? Is there any way to see available allocations? My sales guy just told me the mid-month allocation dropped today and there is only 2 Premium M/T’s that are already spoken for. I guess I’m waiting until the next allocation in January to be disappointed again.

What is up with all the cars coming in as Auto? I have a friend who works at a Toyota dealer and he said it’s a 70/30 split from autos to manual. Who is buying these cars with auto transmissions? Clearly not anybody on any of the forums.
it does not show available allocations - it will show 'status' and 'eta' and some other interesting information. Once you have the VIN you can track it.

Most people on the forums are enthusiasts - so manuals are going to be more prevalent here. I'm sure Toyota has marketing analytics out the wazoo that Automatics are more popular for the average buyer.

And more or less this goes for any car still available with a stick, not just the twins.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The less technical method is go to this url (replace YOUR_VIN with your vin)
https://guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-spec/YOUR_VIN/detail
  • open developer tools (windows F12, Mac cmd+i)
  • go to the network tab
  • refresh the page
  • you should see a request pop up there with your VIN
  • click the Preview tab
  • you should see a bunch of key:value pairs.
  • dealerCategory is the first one to look at:
    • 'A' means some point between the VIN being allocated in Japan right through to it being in port.
    • 'F' its been allocated to a truck and on its way to your dealership
    • 'G' its arrived
  • When the status gets to 'F' you will get an eta range of dates

Toyota built autos first, not sure why. may have been part of the business agreement

·
Registered
8 Posts
And the Toyota of New England website for some reason does not show everything coming in either. As my local dealer has a red premium auto coming in (in transit) that doesnt show up on the buyatoyota page.

I too am hoping for more manuals. I put in my deposit at the beginning of Nov, and im sure Im annoying they heck out my sale guy emailing him every week. LOL.

Jay

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know how the allocation process works? My sales guy is staying in touch with me every week about it. My question is, is there actually a first come first serve dealer list somewhere or is it simply a matter of how fast your sales guy sees and reserves the car you want when one pops up in the allocation?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does anyone know how the allocation process works? My sales guy is staying in touch with me every week about it. My question is, is there actually a first come first serve dealer list somewhere or is it simply a matter of how fast your sales guy sees and reserves the car you want when one pops up in the allocation?
Most dealers have a list I am on two both required a refundable deposit. First on onelist in the SE and 3rd on another list in the NE. I think it is the luck of the draw right now depending on what you want . I am open to 3 color choices but want a Premium MT car which are harder to find. My SE dealer had 2 two base AT cars come in which doesn't work for me so being on a list might not help unless they happen to get exactly what you want. If you will take any car then the list will work out great.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
My date got bumped slightly (likely cause 19th has passed) - but the tail end is still the 24th. Also that's fascinating - the All Weather floor mats disappeared from the sticker and the price went down. I guess there must be stuff out of stock.

"eta": {
"currFromDate": "2022-01-21",
"currToDate": "2022-01-24"
},

61 - 80 of 103 Posts