Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Test drove it and I pick it up tomorrow. It's even better than I thought it would be. Had 4 miles on it. Computer was solidly reading over 40 mpg at 65 mph, so the EPA numbers are garbage as I thought they'd be. Granted, that's a slower speed than I'll usually drive on the highway, but that's way over EPA while still well within the break in period, which IME with other cars is always worse. Plenty of power getting around even below 4k. Was worried the sear might be too tight and require modifications, like my Focus ST did, but they seem really comfortable so far. I'm excited to be able to see the rounded bodywork from the seat like a classic old sports car, which is something that was harder to see in my 240 and 260Z. Clutch is a little light if I have to find a complaint, but feel isn't bad, so . . . yeah, it's not much of a complaint.

Trunk is too small for bodies, but I'm getting a little old for that kind of thing and I'm keeping the Camry, so I'll just use that anonymous cruiser if they pull me back in for wet work!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Test drove it and I pick it up tomorrow. It's even better than I thought it would be. Had 4 miles on it. Computer was solidly reading over 40 mpg at 65 mph, so the EPA numbers are garbage as I thought they'd be. Granted, that's a slower speed than I'll usually drive on the highway, but that's way over EPA while still well within the break in period, which IME with other cars is always worse. Plenty of power getting around even below 4k. Was worried the sear might be too tight and require modifications, like my Focus ST did, but they seem really comfortable so far. I'm excited to be able to see the rounded bodywork from the seat like a classic old sports car, which is something that was harder to see in my 240 and 260Z. Clutch is a little light if I have to find a complaint, but feel isn't bad, so . . . yeah, it's not much of a complaint.

Trunk is too small for bodies, but I'm getting a little old for that kind of thing and I'm keeping the Camry, so I'll just use that anonymous cruiser if they pull me back in for wet work!
Awesome to hear! Congratulations again!

Look forward to pictures!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
@MagicAardvark - looks like mine moved to Freight in the past hour or so. No ETA though.

"vin": "REDACT",
"brand": "TOYOTA",
"marketingSeries": "GR86",
"family": [
"Cars & Minivan"
],
"seriesCode": "86",
"year": 2022,
"isTempVin": false,
"dealerCd": "20113",
"dealerCategory": "F",
"distributorCd": "TMNA",
"bodyStyleDesc": "2+2 COUPE 6 SPD M/T",
"seating": 4,
"model": {
"modelCd": "6255",
"phaseCd": "A",
"marketingName": "GR86 Premium MT",
"marketingTitle": "GR86 Premium MT"
},
"engine": {
"engineCd": "2FN",
"name": "2.4L FA24 NA 4Cyl.",
"noOfCylinders": "4",
"horsepower": "228",
"fuelType": "G"
},

·
Registered
Pavement Grey GR86 Premium
42 Posts
oh lucky you. mine still says 'A', but I got a text from the dealer this morning confirming it had had the options put on so I know its at the port

·
Registered
82 Posts
Took the long way home, but I want to hit the undercarriage with some Fluid Film before it gets filthy, so it's parked until I can get to it. Keeping the Camry for the winter for work duty. Now I just have to figure out how to get it to recognize my old ipod without having to use the aux port.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice Kayaks. :D
Thanks! Converted the plastic one to electric last year with a LiFePo battery and 35 lbs thrust motor integrated into the rudder. I'm going to have to figure out how to move them because these cars don't have roof racks.

Somebody else who is a man of culture with an old ipod lol
Hey, if it still works . . .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is anyone looking for a base manual? There are two that are scheduled to deliver at my local dealer (Western MA) within the next few days. One Neptune one Halo. They did a dealer trade for my premium so neither are called for (as far as I know).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Trueno Blue base model 6speed manual is showing at my local dealer. In Lancaster Ma. If anyone is looking. Should be there now, or very shortly.

I'm waiting for a Red Premium 6spd manual. Left deposit in early Nov with them for one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm waiting for a Red Premium 6spd manual. Left deposit in early Nov with them for one.
Me too! It looks like it arrived today at the dealer that my local dealer is getting it from. Fingers crossed the car makes it through the 2 hour joy ride from CT to MA at the hands of who knows whom.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Me too! It looks like it arrived today at the dealer that my local dealer is getting it from. Fingers crossed the car makes it through the 2 hour joy ride from CT to MA at the hands of who knows whom.

Nice! I wish there was a way to see all the incoming cars in this area. The Toyota Newengland site doesnt show any red ones at all in this area...so it obviously must only show cars that avail im guessing.

Jay

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice! I wish there was a way to see all the incoming cars in this area. The Toyota Newengland site doesnt show any red ones at all in this area...so it obviously must only show cars that avail im guessing.

Jay
Yea, that site is pretty ineffective. The Subaru New England version is much better - much easier to find in-transit cars. I know there is a red base auto at McGee Toyota of Dudley, however I suspect that would not fit the bill.

I remember when I placed a deposit in the first week of December, my dealer showed me the breakdown of Red, Premium, Manuals allocated within 1000 miles and there were only like 5 or 6 -- which is peculiar since it is clearly one of the launch colors they used for marketing purposes. I've never actually followed the launch of a car before but Toyota seems to have made many odd decisions with the 86s they decided to build.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea, that site is pretty ineffective. The Subaru New England version is much better - much easier to find in-transit cars. I know there is a red base auto at McGee Toyota of Dudley, however I suspect that would not fit the bill.

I remember when I placed a deposit in the first week of December, my dealer showed me the breakdown of Red, Premium, Manuals allocated within 1000 miles and there were only like 5 or 6 -- which is peculiar since it is clearly one of the launch colors they used for marketing purposes. I've never actually followed the launch of a car before but Toyota seems to have made many odd decisions with the 86s they decided to build.
Make sure you post some pics when you get it!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Still 'F' status with the same ETA. But my salesman just called and let me know that the car should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

So that's pretty exciting!

·
Registered
Pavement Grey GR86 Premium
42 Posts
damn you're super lucky, mine still says 'A' :(

I know its in port and the extras have all been fitted because the dealer sent me the image on his system.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
At least the plate relocation kit came in - was worried about MA inspection. JDM exhaust tips are in too - the tucked in exhaust triggers me so much.

I'll probably get a catback... but we'll see. I'm old - lol.

·
Registered
WR Blue Pearl 2022 BRZ Limited 6AT
71 Posts
At least the plate relocation kit came in - was worried about MA inspection. JDM exhaust tips are in too - the tucked in exhaust triggers me so much.

I'll probably get a catback... but we'll see. I'm old - lol.
Really looking forward to how yours looks with the relocation kit. My BRZ has it properly mounted, and it's a bit ugly.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts