Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing how many folks from New England have ordered an 86 or BRZ here.

I know there's a few!

waves

·
Registered
27 Posts
Boston area, been trying to place an order for a Neptune blue base model with manual, the couple of dealers who I spoke to over the phone who mentioned no markup haven't gotten back to me with a way to place a deposit though.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Boston area, been trying to place an order for a Neptune blue base model with manual, the couple of dealers who I spoke to over the phone who mentioned no markup haven't gotten back to me with a way to place a deposit though.
Welcome to the forum @LUNK___! Maybe it'd be worth showing up in person and seeing what can be done? Any reason you decided the GR86 over the BRZ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to the forum @LUNK___! Maybe it'd be worth showing up in person and seeing what can be done? Any reason you decided the GR86 over the BRZ?
Mainly prefer the clean look of the Toyota version. Kind of leery of going to a dealer and asking as the last one I went to gave me the runaround while there and then wanted a $5000 markup to place the order. Would rather have a quote in writing first.

Edit: Called Ira Toyota again and the guy there wouldn't take a deposit for my config because "they're only building automatic cars at the moment due to the chip shortage" They do have two automatic cars being sent to their dealer apparently.

When and where have yall been putting in your orders for manual cars?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I ordered that exact car from Jaffarian in Haverhill. They took a deposit over the phone. I had built it online when the configurator went up in November and they called me the next day to tell me they would see about getting me in on the Dec. 1 allocation for what I wanted. When Dec. 1 came around, they called and told me they were able to order what I was looking for. They added the black lug nuts, shift knob, and door guards, but no other markup, so I wasn't going to fight over it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im in north central Massachusetts. Have a deposit on a manual Red Premium GR86. No word from my dealer...other than they submitted it to toyota. Whether or not they get mine build in an allocation is another story. So i wait. Wish there was a New England website for Toyota...that told you what was coming in. Subaru has SNE1.COM that i have used many times when I bought Subarus. ..and it was pretty awesome to see what cars where in transit.

Jay

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited MT in Crystal White Pearl
14 Posts
Im in north central Massachusetts. Have a deposit on a manual Red Premium GR86. No word from my dealer...other than they submitted it to toyota. Whether or not they get mine build in an allocation is another story. So i wait. Wish there was a New England website for Toyota...that told you what was coming in. Subaru has SNE1.COM that i have used many times when I bought Subarus. ..and it was pretty awesome to see what cars where in transit.

Jay
This is why I cancelled my GR 86 order, and a White Limited BRZ is being delivered to my house tomorrow
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
342 Posts
I got a VIN nearly right away. They just gave me an estimate of 12-16 weeks, but I don't think they really have any idea, especially with the crazy market and shipping issues right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all - new to the brand and vehicle, looking forward to learning more about driving and having fun with you all at some point, out here in the Gilette Stadium neck of the woods. Deposit down at Both Toyota in Norwood. 12-14wk ETA, but we'll see...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got a VIN nearly right away. They just gave me an estimate of 12-16 weeks, but I don't think they really have any idea, especially with the crazy market and shipping issues right now.
You got lucky they received allocation that matched your request. First round of allocations were mostly Base or Auto, so that helped you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all - new to the brand and vehicle, looking forward to learning more about driving and having fun with you all at some point, out here in the Gilette Stadium neck of the woods. Deposit down at Both Toyota in Norwood. 12-14wk ETA, but we'll see...
Welcome! I am 10 min from Gillette too, in Plainville

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I posted this in the other thread as well, but should be "soon".

I'm hoping my dealer is underpromise/overdeliver in regards to timing. :)

So I pinged my salesperson and got my vin. (yay, it exists!)

0069 (Neptune, Premium, Manual)

And it should have landed or will be soon in the port of NY. Then probably another 3-4 weeks of processing/delivery to Massachusetts.

I think this is lining up with some of the other Northeast Folks. No junk accessories except the Charge Cables, but whatever.

2T All Weather Mat PackagePort
59 Quick Charge CablePort
FE 50 State EmissionsFactory
MN Auto Dimming Mirror w/HomelinkPort
WL Wheel LocksPort

1 - 20 of 178 Posts