Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states. I don't want to but the crap out of my dealer because I feel lucky enough to have secured an allocation, but with the API down there's no way of keeping an eye on things and add the issue of the BNSF embargo. I just want a reliable way to track the status so when it goes to Freight or Ground I can be a step ahead of the dealer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can always reach out to your dealer and ask, but they may not have an update. I'm trying not to bug them on a daily basis l.ao.

Do you know what your build date is?

·
Registered
23 GR86 Neptune PMT, MK8 GTI SE
10 Posts
Go to Toyota Owners website and make an account. You can enter your Vin and see the vehicle specs. The date you’ll want to keep an eye on is on the bottom right and called “Date of First Use”. When it changes from Dec 31st, 1 it means it has left port and is headed to the dealer.

·
Registered
2023 GR86, Premium M/T Track bRed
24 Posts
Go to Toyota Owners website and make an account. You can enter your Vin and see the vehicle specs. The date you’ll want to keep an eye on is on the bottom right and called “Date of First Use”. When it changes from Dec 31st, 1 it means it has left port and is headed to the dealer.
I don't think the "Date of First Use" trick is correct. I pulled up a known VIN for a car that is currently on a dealer lot and it still says Dec 31, 1

·
Registered
2023 GR86, Premium M/T Track bRed
24 Posts
Interesting, that’s how I tracked mine and it was spot on.
Also just tried it on my car that I picked up yesterday and it still shows Dec 31, 1. If I had to guess maybe this trick doesn't work since their changed their metrics stuff for the model year changeover? Probably around the same time that toyota-tracker site stopped working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts