Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of at a loss here. I am VERY interested in buying a GR86 this year but finding an MT to test drive has proven nearly impossible, and I need to drive one before I really decide to go all-in on getting one. So I'm here asking if anyone here would be interested in making some money by letting me have a short test drive in their manual GR86 (trim not important) so I can decide whether or not I really want one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My recommendation is to just get in line on buying one, even if you hate it(you won't) you can always resell it and make your money back(or more). That being said, I will be in NE IL with my GR86 on June 17/18th if you want to drive over lol
This. Find an MSRP dealer and put your deposit in now. It's going to be awhile before you can even get a car. If you don't like it, you can just get it refunded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This. Find an MSRP dealer and put your deposit in now. It's going to be awhile before you can even get a car. If you don't like it, you can just get it refunded.
I’ve put my name in at multiple dealerships already so we’ll see what happens on that front. I’m also trying to FSBO my current car, a 2017 F31 3-Series with 33k miles, as well to maximize my value from it. I would be more keen to just list my car now if I knew without a doubt this is what I wanted to get.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I’ve put my name in at multiple dealerships already so we’ll see what happens on that front. I’m also trying to FSBO my current car, a 2017 F31 3-Series with 33k miles, as well to maximize my value from it. I would be more keen to just list my car now if I knew without a doubt this is what I wanted to get.
Yeah, make sure they're MSRP, way too many dealerships doing mark ups.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I was expecting that myself, and surprisingly none of my local dealers appear to be charging markups.
If that's true, that's really good. I thought almost all the dealerships near me where good till I actually tried to buy one. There's around 9 to 10 dealers around me and only 2 of them actually sell for MSRP, everyone else either has mark ups or they have add ons/dealer packages or even both in the worst case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts