Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I spoke with Subaru today and they confirmed the car can be ordered and Subaru is sticking with their 3-month delivery window. No news on Toyota.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I spoke with Subaru today and they confirmed the car can be ordered and Subaru is sticking with their 3-month delivery window. No news on Toyota.
Usually that’s what it is for orders. That’s why I’m curious on how Toyota is going to drop 86s in November like people say, but if allocations open tomorrow, a basic 3 month window makes the 86 delivery somewhere around January.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Usually that’s what it is for orders. That’s why I’m curious on how Toyota is going to drop 86s in November like people say, but if allocations open tomorrow, a basic 3 month window makes the 86 delivery somewhere around January.
RIght. Though, I'm not sure if allocations are actually supposed to open tomorrow. Every Toyota dealer I spoke with has no idea.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I’m gonna go out on a limb here. Either dealers know and have been told to play dumb(unlikely) or the soonest we would see the GR86 is sometime in December. I doubt that dealers will be ready to sell in November. Dealers would have to scramble to make room in their showrooms and on their lots for the car. I doubt if they even have brochures. And the website still has the 2020 86.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
It's conceivable that the release is closer to the end of November for the 86, so I wonder if they line up announcements/arrivals in 30 day blocks - so to speak.

The Cross had stuff go out early September? Now it seems to be arriving at dealers now in early October. I wonder if it'll be a similar deal for the 86.

Toyota (and most brands) probably have marketing blitzes for a certain period of time and keep it succinct for reasons for that market (Marketing folk are weird, but they have their reasons via analytics). It's likely they are just giving some space.

I'm not going to be worried until November rolls around with no news. :)

Just my thoughts.

Lauren

·
Registered
395 Posts
RIght. Though, I'm not sure if allocations are actually supposed to open tomorrow. Every Toyota dealer I spoke with has no idea.
Yeah I was using tomorrow as an example of being the earliest. Most dealers don’t really know, they know what stuff looks like sometimes before everyone else and can see changes in the system (similar to you seeing something new on a website) other then that dealers who act like they know everything is a sales tactic within itself.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I’m gonna go out on a limb here. Either dealers know and have been told to play dumb(unlikely) or the soonest we would see the GR86 is sometime in December. I doubt that dealers will be ready to sell in November. Dealers would have to scramble to make room in their showrooms and on their lots for the car. I doubt if they even have brochures. And the website still has the 2020 86.
Dealers don’t know anything. People forget for the most part dealers are their own separate entity. Unless the dealer is right next to USA’s HQ in Plano Texas I take everything with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This reply is useful for EUROPE. (Belgium)

I didn’t have time to read all the responses, so I don’t know if anyone mentioned this, but I’ll say it anyways.

I live in Belgium and I contacted my local Toyota dealership a couple of weeks ago. They let me know they were expecting the car to be in their showroom by May 2022. Now take this with a grain of salt, this is 1 dealership so deliveries can always be delayed. But the other side of the coin is that this isn’t the biggest or most popular dealer in the country at all… so bigger garages around Brussels might get the car sooner in 2022.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I first started talking to my dealer in August, he said I had until Sept 16th to get my order in for a November delivery. This is in Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Called subaru canada and they told me the boat arrives in BC on november 14 and we should get our brz like 3/4 weeks after that

·
Registered
164 Posts
Toyota’s loyalty discount is not the same as Subaru’s. Toyota only gives that on certain models, and only if you are leasing or financing a new car. Of course, if you are a recent college grad, or in the military, you get $500 cash back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been riding my car out till the GR86 was released. The alternator just went out in my 2000 malibu and even if I fix that it might last another month. If it's coming Jan or Feb I'll probably have to get a new vehicle. Is it better to buy another cheap used car, or get a newer car and trade it in when the GR86 comes out?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been riding my car out till the GR86 was released. The alternator just went out in my 2000 malibu and even if I fix that it might last another month. If it's coming Jan or Feb I'll probably have to get a new vehicle. Is it better to buy another cheap used car, or get a newer car and trade it in when the GR86 comes out?
Used car prices are really high right now unless you don’t mind something older and less desirable.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts