Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many reviewers said we would see more information on October 8th. My local Toyota dealers are clueless. Does anybody here have an inside scoop? :)

·
Registered
2007 Honda Civic Si + 2022 GR86 SOON!
2 Posts
For what it's worth, I work with OEMs and keep contact with multiple dealers in the Northwest. There is still little to no news on when the GR86 will arrive on dealer floors. November is definitely out of the question. December is a long shot. I think people can realistically be looking at February when deliveries begin to happen. No dealers in my area have received any information and aren't comfortable with me placing a deposit.

I really hope it's sooner. I'm going to have to be daily driving a gutted car starting next month as I'm selling my daily in preparation for the 86. Almost thought of just going the BRZ route just to get the vehicle sooner.

·
Registered
631 Posts
For what it's worth, I work with OEMs and keep contact with multiple dealers in the Northwest. There is still little to no news on when the GR86 will arrive on dealer floors. November is definitely out of the question. December is a long shot. I think people can realistically be looking at February when deliveries begin to happen. No dealers in my area have received any information and aren't comfortable with me placing a deposit.

I really hope it's sooner. I'm going to have to be daily driving a gutted car starting next month as I'm selling my daily in preparation for the 86. Almost thought of just going the BRZ route just to get the vehicle sooner.
Welcome to the forum @AyoRory.
Do you think dealer training for these would be going on at the moment to get sales and service up to speed?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think if you need a car right away, you should probably go for the BRZ. I don’t think there will be significant differences between the 2 cars.
I was just reading that the chip shortage is going to last until 2023. I gave my dealer a deposit for the GR86 in September. He said it was in their system, but I haven’t gotten any updates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think the BRZ will arrive much sooner. My Subaru dealer said "60-120 days" for the BRZ, which means they have no idea. The only difference is that Subaru will let buyers place an order! Another dealer said someone has a BRZ coming in November, but I'm not sure what the circumstances are for that order. It seems like they may have been able to place an order as soon as the configurator went live, and before the second round of plant closures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At this point, I might just get a used Cayman before their prices go up any more than they already have!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think if you need a car right away, you should probably go for the BRZ. I don’t think there will be significant differences between the 2 cars.
I was just reading that the chip shortage is going to last until 2023. I gave my dealer a deposit for the GR86 in September. He said it was in their system, but I haven’t gotten any updates.
Yeah and are there certain items you want on the car? I hate how you can't build a GR86 and they get whatever they get is what you can buy, I want certain parts so I'm probably going to be waiting forever or I guess I could always order what I want from them and have them install it or something

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah and are there certain items you want on the car? I hate how you can't build a GR86 and they get whatever they get is what you can buy, I want certain parts so I'm probably going to be waiting forever or I guess I could always order what I want from them and have them install it or something
No. If the sound system is craopy like a lot of people on the Supra forum said their’s is, I’d probably upgrade the speakers, but not all 8.
I have some after-market wheels picked out. I’d also do a ceramic coat and a partial clear bra to protect the paint, and a window tint, since I’m in CA. The GR86 will be my daily driver.

·
Registered
399 Posts
No. If the sound system is craopy like a lot of people on the Supra forum said their’s is, I’d probably upgrade the speakers, but not all 8.
I have some after-market wheels picked out. I’d also do a ceramic coat and a partial clear bra to protect the paint, and a window tint, since I’m in CA. The GR86 will be my daily driver.
What color are you getting???

·
Registered
399 Posts
What about you? How are you gonna spec your car?
My choices originally were Trueno blue, Black, or white premium. But with this delay and knowing my dealership might only get a couple colors at the end of the year I’m probably going to get white. Idea in general was tint and some GR parts to start, maybe HKS aero down the road if it’s subtle enough.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice, I think they sound system should be fine, I hear it's pretty good or decent at least.

And yeah, I'm getting PFF on my whole car, I leased a GT86 and first 2 weeks of having it, got 6 big ass rock chips, I live in AZ lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts