Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
So, I guess it’s an update but I contacted Fred Haas Toyota Country about that Halo White we’ve been talking about. They gave me 40k OTD, then a follow-up email where they mentioned that was a mistake and it’s actually $40k before TTL. I have a previous email from them when they first quoted me $38k OTD and I asked them if they would honor that. They told me - no. That it’s a different vehicle and that the one I’m referring to has been sold already, even though it has the same exact build sheet and factory add ons and there hasn’t been a single GR86 that’s arrived to the area as far as we’re aware of. Just putting it out there for those that are curious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So, I guess it’s an update but I contacted Fred Haas Toyota Country about that Halo White we’ve been talking about. They gave me 40k OTD, then a follow-up email where they mentioned that was a mistake and it’s actually $40k before TTL. I have a previous email from them when they first quoted me $38k OTD and I asked them if they would honor that. They told me - no. That it’s a different vehicle and that the one I’m referring to has been sold already, even though it has the same exact build sheet and factory add ons and there hasn’t been a single GR86 that’s arrived to the area as far as we’re aware of. Just putting it out there for those that are curious.
soo scummy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah FHTC has been super shitty. I'll reiterate what they did to me. The salesman I was working with there got approval for MSRP from the sales manager fuck face the day they found out it was a white PMT. I literally drove to the dealership to do a deposit and he changed his mind and wanted the 5k mark up. Told me he would have no problem selling it at that price and he's been selling cars for 30 years.

Dude, doing something a long time doesn't make you good at it. That being said they are the closest Toyota dealer to me and I'm going to go somewhere else to get serviced because of it

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah FHTC has been super shitty. I'll reiterate what they did to me. The salesman I was working with there got approval for MSRP from the sales manager fuck face the day they found out it was a white PMT. I literally drove to the dealership to do a deposit and he changed his mind and wanted the 5k mark up. Told me he would have no problem selling it at that price and he's been selling cars for 30 years.

Dude, doing something a long time doesn't make you good at it. That being said they are the closest Toyota dealer to me and I'm going to go somewhere else to get serviced because of it
Damn. The audacity. I would have loved hearing that from them in person.

When they first got that allocation I made an appointment to leave a deposit with what just happened to be one of the new sales car managers. I was told I could leave a deposit and everything would be set when I came in to finalize the details. I showed up and the manager didn’t even see me. They said he was in a meeting and just sent me a random sales rep who proceeded to just tell me nothing for about 15 minutes until I just left. Oh, they didn’t let me leave a deposit, secure a vehicle, or put in any kind of order either; exactly the opposite of what they explicitly told me over the phone.

Which sucks because when I spoke with them yesterday they mentioned they’re getting two more GR86s soon, which just means they’re going to sit on the lot with a stupid markup.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts