Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep calling around and not only is the Texas region barely getting any cars but their all base or autos. anyone else in Texas waiting to hear anything from their dealers?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Gulf state Toyota (our region) has been pretty crap, at least in Texas. I've found most* dealers are adding Mark up or at least a lot of mandatory dealer add ons. I have pretty much had the same experience as you so I ended up going out of state

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’ve kinda had the opposite experience. Texas hasn’t gotten very many cars at all but the ones I’ve seen have mostly been premium manuals and a couple base ones. I don’t think I’ve noticed an automatic but I also haven’t been looking out for them either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve kinda had the opposite experience. Texas hasn’t gotten very many cars at all but the ones I’ve seen have mostly been premium manuals and a couple base ones. I don’t think I’ve noticed an automatic but I also haven’t been looking out for them either.
Where in Texas are you located? I was looking around Dallas area

·
Registered
30 Posts
I travel so I’m kinda all over the place but I’m between Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.
I called dealers around Houston a few days ago. I believe there was one on the northwest side that had a halo white premium manual that nobody had reserved yet. It may still be out there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nobody reserved it because they (Fred Haas Toyota country) wants 5k mark up and 2500 dealer add on
Damn, glad I didn't jump on it. Maybe OP can get it for MSRP.

FHTC sold a few before that. I wonder if there's owners out there that ate that markup?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I should really send the salesman I talked to there my purchase agreement (MSRP, no add ons) and tell him his manager is full of shit.

(That manager told me I wouldn't find one for MSRP).
Do it! Lol.

I was just thinking of something similar. Honestly, I just want to bring them down to MSRP just so someone here can actually have a chance to enjoy the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm rooting for LiquidN2 to get MSRP from FHTC now.

What color/trim/trans are you hoping for?
I have a deposit but no car at the moment for a neptune/red premium manual in dallas but if i find another one nearby thats not sold ill run over right away lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts