Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure like all of you I am really looking forward to the revealing of the GR86’s pricing! Like some of you in the forum, I have placed a down payment reserving one and the second pricing is released we will be given the green light to customize and order our very own 86’s. So I ask if anyone in the forums has a guess as to when the 86 will be released? Keep in mind I have printed proof that the 86 begins production THIS MONTH and it was confirmed by Toyota that the 86 will arrive in late November of this year. I’m not sure what they are waiting for honestly as Subaru released theirs over a month ago and it’s kinda frustrating that they released the press interviews but are waiting so long after to release pricing. If I had to guess though, I’d say maybe after the BRZ press release? I personally don’t think it will be any later than September 15th but let me know what you all think!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You managed to put a down payment already?? I've called around dealers in New Jersey and nobody has information yet and I'm not able to put a downpayment. No idea in regards to pricing though, I'm parting out my 2020 civic si right now and I'm eagerly awaiting for them to hit showrooms

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was fortunate enough to put my name first in line for when preorders come out, but like you, I'm not sure on pricing either. Sub 30k for base but I'm not sure about the premium, probably 33-34k roundabout. I want to know asap but in the mean time, I'm selling my extra cars and parts that I don't need to get a good chunk of a down payment.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was fortunate enough to put my name first in line for when preorders come out, but like you, I'm not sure on pricing either. Sub 30k for base but I'm not sure about the premium, probably 33-34k roundabout. I want to know asap but in the mean time, I'm selling my extra cars and parts that I don't need to get a good chunk of a down payment.
Nice man and I was first in my area too! Selling my Corolla around November to earn some money for the down payment. When do you think the price will be released?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You managed to put a down payment already?? I've called around dealers in New Jersey and nobody has information yet and I'm not able to put a downpayment. No idea in regards to pricing though, I'm parting out my 2020 civic si right now and I'm eagerly awaiting for them to hit showrooms
It’s only a reserve but they called it a down payment because it goes towards the car. Basically my dealership reserved the first one they get for me because I payed $1000 upfront before anything like a month ago. However like you it took me three times with three different dealerships until I could find one who could help me out. I hope you have better luck! If you find one who’s willing to do it I’ve seen most take $500 to reserve, I guess mine wanted a little extra lol!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It only makes sense because Toyota is gearing up for the Tundra reveal and release with the 86 around the corner
Exactly, I mean the car has been confirmed to arrive in November and since the BRZ was released in late July and available late October which gives it around 3 months from price to arrival. Mid September would give the 86 that same time schedule with a little over 2 and a half months, any less than that would be ridiculous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s only a reserve but they called it a down payment because it goes towards the car. Basically my dealership reserved the first one they get for me because I payed $1000 upfront before anything like a month ago. However like you it took me three times with three different dealerships until I could find one who could help me out. I hope you have better luck! If you find one who’s willing to do it I’ve seen most take $500 to reserve, I guess mine wanted a little extra lol!
Same with my reservation, except mine was $500, non-refundable. Glad you got one too!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Called 3 dealers in my area so far but none are able to offer me the chance to put a deposit down yet.. however this one dealer the guy seemed pretty optimistic about it. He told me that just yesterday the Toyota dealerships received more information about it and said he would call me as soon as he can confirm that I can leave a deposit. I'm hopeful!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Called 3 dealers in my area so far but none are able to offer me the chance to put a deposit down yet.. however this one dealer the guy seemed pretty optimistic about it. He told me that just yesterday the Toyota dealerships received more information about it and said he would call me as soon as he can confirm that I can leave a deposit. I'm hopeful!
Awesome man! That’s exactly what it took for me, a younger dealer who was passionate about cars and genuinely eager to help somebody. Most dealers just want you to buy a marked up Corolla sitting on their lot. Sounds like you should be good now and hope he can help you! Let us know what he says!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome man! That’s exactly what it took for me, a younger dealer who was passionate about cars and genuinely eager to help somebody. Most dealers just want you to buy a marked up Corolla sitting on their lot. Sounds like you should be good now and hope he can help you! Let us know what he says!
Yeah this guy definitely sounded on the younger side and much more enthusiastic, thanks homie I'm hoping for the best!

I've had my 2020 Si FBO for over 1.5 years now and although it's a great commuter and boost is fun, I've been itching for a RWD driver focused car. I'm 100% set on getting this, hoping markup wont be too bad!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm gonna go with October.
Do you really think they will wait until the month before it reaches dealers to release pricing? When did they confirm it to reach Canadian dealerships? In the US they said November.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR 86
171 Posts
Do you really think they will wait until the month before it reaches dealers to release pricing? When did they confirm it to reach Canadian dealerships? In the US they said November.
They said they would announce the pricing before the first cars reach the dealerships didn't they? So I'm guessing October. They confirmed December for us from the press release for Canadians.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They said they would announce the pricing before the first cars reach the dealerships didn't they? So I'm guessing October. They confirmed December for us from the press release for Canadians.
You could be right for Canada but I don’t think they would wait that long for the US, they can’t. People have placed down payments for the car to be customized and equipped the way they want. They are already starting production for the US cars so October would mean that we wouldn’t be able to customize them.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR 86
171 Posts
You could be right for Canada but I don’t think they would wait that long for the US, they can’t. People have placed down payments for the car to be customized and equipped the way they want. They are already starting production for the US cars so October would mean that we wouldn’t be able to customize them.
I guess we'll find out! Not too long now. I'm waiting for the 2023 version of the car, so still a long ways to go for me lol.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess we'll find out! Not too long now. I'm waiting for the 2023 version of the car, so still a long ways to go for me lol.
We sure will buddy! Any reason you’re waiting, and I’ve heard rumors of a hybrid version so would you consider that?

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR 86
171 Posts
We sure will buddy! Any reason you’re waiting, and I’ve heard rumors of a hybrid version so would you consider that?
See if there is any problems 1 year out for the car, and the #23 has some inner meaning for me.. and no, it's not Michael Jordan haha. I don't see Toyota changing anything from the '22 to '23 version. So if there's anything that's worth fixing/upgrading we will probably see it on the '23 version. Maybe a new type of rim or bumper lol.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts