Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1681 - 1700 of 1728 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok, I created an account on Toyota website, now I need to get VIN from my dealer, right? :)
My dealer added me "somewhere", so the car war associated to my account.
There you have an aditional tab for "orders".

If you have the VIN, you can only add the car to you currently owned cars (so mine is shown on both tabs).

Some people were told, that their car has to be associated at the order process by the dealer. (mine asked me for my email address)

However.
If you manage to get it to your order tab, you can use your browsers dev tools, to see all the hidden stuff.
But i'm not sure, if this will be possible anymore.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok, I created an account on Toyota website, now I need to get VIN from my dealer, right? :)
The dealer should have linked the purchase order to your Toyota account. Check your inbox and also spam if you can find any email from Toyota. The invitation email comes from Toyota directly, not from the dealer. Possibly, you could link the purchase order number with your Toyota account.

However Czech dealers are totally incompetent so I wouldn't be surprised if they "couldn't" do that.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Where ? In the source page I have 7000 lines... key words to find the info ?
Not in the html, you have to check the requests.
For UK cars some people have a date of 13th October in DevTools, this has appeared in the last day in my case, it was showing January 1900 before this!
I have 14th October for Germany....

Looks like this is coordinated

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's totally offtopic, but what else can we do while we're waiting?
The pricing structure of BMW is vastly different to Japanese manufacturers. Excluding the current crazy market I'm yet to see anyone who didn't get double digit % off their brand new BMW. MSRP is high, and that's combined with high discounts/bonuses. A few years ago I bought a 1 year old 3er BMW for close to half MSRP from Sixt with 20k km. Sounds like a crazy deal, but the thing is they get insane discounts from BMW (30-40% even), so didn't lose that much on the car. A friend of mine ordered his M340i with 20% off 1.5 years ago without any inside contact.
Obviously compared to this inflated price the depreciation is brutal. However, if we calculate the depreciation with the actually paid price as a cost basis the numbers are less shocking.
Long story short: don't pay MSRP for a BMW (except for electric, that's a different market).

Also, I don't agree with BMW running cost being anywhere near Porsche's level. At least here in Hungary I was calculating with double maintenance costs vs. my wife's BMW.

Btw @focuspoke , did you order a GR86 as well? That would be three of us here on this forum out of the potential 15 cars destined to our country.
Probably tomorrow I will sign the preorder, but its going the be black MT limited BRZ. I do not know if I can linger around with it here, tough there is no eu thread for subaru.
Also hope if you make local meetups I may join later on. :)

·
Registered
2x VW Golf 3 TDI Edition,VW Passat B5 TDI Limo
29 Posts
Probably tomorrow I will sign the preorder, but its going the be black MT limited BRZ. I do not know if I can linger around with it here, tough there is no eu thread for subaru.
Also hope if you make local meetups I may join later on. :)
Congratulations! Did you get a planned delivery date?

1681 - 1700 of 1728 Posts