Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
@arnaui
There you go ;)
Thanks @Gillormon
Oh shit I was in Castellolí around last month :eek: With that I am now sure it will make it here

May does not sound too bad to me, but I hope we can make the reservations a little bit earlier, like march or so.

We'll see during december what they have to say about it, I'll just be aware of news as much as I can to share them with you all!

Thanks for the information!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Although I have to say that there's 0 information coming from any spanish reviewer, nor the circuit where that pics were from. They are probably trying to hide it in some way? Can't wait to see more news about it

·
Registered
VW Scirocco Viper Green
15 Posts
Oh and also, from the instagram comments, this is supposed to be "top secret" until 15th nov, so we will know something about this by then
Yes, I was the one who asked everyone for information, but only one influencer replied and told me to wait until November 15th. Luckily it's in a few days so let's wait and see 😉

·
Registered
26 Posts
So the news are that 2nd of December the car will be 'presented' and during May 2022 it will be comertialized, at least thats what the spanish reviewers said.

I've asked my toyota dealership and they said they do not have any information about it yet.

My hopes are that in december we can place reservations, and get the car right when it is comertialized. Does anyone know if it will be like this?

·
Registered
VW Scirocco Viper Green
15 Posts
Thx so much @arnaui for this precious info. I have the same hope... on GR86, Toyota Italy is totally absent on social media and other media channel... I hope I'll have some new official info by the end of this month/year, at least to know price, optionals and included equipment... For sure we won't have red interior carpets and maybe neither the extra rear spoiler (USA model) but it won't an issue because I probably buy GR kit 😅

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thx so much @arnaui for this precious info. I have the same hope... on GR86, Toyota Italy is totally absent on social media and other media channel... I hope I'll have some new official info by the end of this month/year, at least to know price, optionals and included equipment... For sure we won't have red interior carpets and maybe neither the extra rear spoiler (USA model) but it won't an issue because I probably buy GR kit 😅
For sure the pricing will be revealed December 2, I've seen there are many videos from italian reviewers, maybe from there you can get the information. Also I read in some other spanish media, that the first units will come to spain in may so I think we are on the right side for now.

The best way to find stuff now is to search GR86 and something else in italian, and filter the results with the last 24h filter :)

·
Registered
VW Scirocco Viper Green
15 Posts
you'll never believe me 😅 but I've been doing that specific research, just like that, for at least 9 months. I sold my VW Scirocco in July and have only had the company car ever since. I can't wait to be able to buy this GR86... The Italian media have released vague information, saying that it will arrive in Italy next spring, but without specifying whether they intend to real deliver or just to open orders

·
Registered
26 Posts
you'll never believe me 😅 but I've been doing that specific research, just like that, for at least 9 months. I sold my VW Scirocco in July and have only had the company car ever since. I can't wait to be able to buy this GR86... The Italian media have released vague information, saying that it will arrive in Italy next spring, but without specifying whether they intend to real deliver or just to open orders
I believe you, I've been waiting the whole time too while my Saab stays at the workshop constantly because it keeps getting broken. I'm calculating how I'll save up the money as I intend to full wrap the GR86 and so on

This summer we'll be enjoying our new toyotas :D

·
Registered
VW Scirocco Viper Green
15 Posts
An Italian journalist, present on the dedicated Italian FB group, reported some info on prices, indicating as probable a price absolutely very similar to the old GT86, and of only 1k or 2k € more. If so, it will be perfect :love:

·
Registered
26 Posts
An Italian journalist, present on the dedicated Italian FB group, reported some info on prices, indicating as probable a price absolutely very similar to the old GT86, and of only 1k or 2k € more. If so, it will be perfect :love:
Yeah, I guess it is no suprise considering the pricing everywhere has been pretty similar :) In 2 weeks we'll know what they say in the reveal :eek:

·
Registered
Renault Megane III RS
3 Posts
Considering the skyrocketing hot hatch prices, I was expecting the GR86 to cost nearly €40k... If it truly is going to be a sub-€30k car, the first thing I'm doing is running to my Toyota dealership to order one :D After I finally decide on a colour, that is... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Considering the skyrocketing hot hatch prices, I was expecting the GR86 to cost nearly €40k... If it truly is going to be a sub-€30k car, the first thing I'm doing is running to my Toyota dealership to order one :D After I finally decide on a colour, that is... :rolleyes:
It wont be a sub 30k, it will be slightly higher than the previous gen. In spain last gen started at about 34k, so the new one will probably be 35-36k

·
Registered
Renault Megane III RS
3 Posts
Sounds like prices vary heavily across Europe. In Poland, the GT86 cost 130k PLN, which is an equivalent of €27900. I really hope the GR86 stays under €30k – maybe there's a chance, since it's supposed to be an entry-level GR car and the GR Yaris starts at €32k here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Today the spanish toyota instagram account published stuff related to the gr86 being tested in Parcmotor Castellolí. Basically a picture of the GR86 saying 'new Toyota GR86 - 19 Nov 2021', followed up by some stories of spanish car reviewers showing the GR86.
We'll see if they give us more information today and this weekend as tomorrow is the GR day here in spain, with an event that will be happening in the Circuito del Jarama.

We are getting closer guys!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts