Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
2961 - 2980 of 3020 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
What color, trim level and transmission? That is surprisingly quick, if we are talking 2023 February :D
Wait now you made me think xD dealer just said end of feb didnt mention year xD
Took pure version (manual ofcourse, think this one doesnt even come as automatic) in white and will add the optional rear bumper. Also will add black strips as a legacy from my current car :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
The ordering system was open on that day? I’m still waiting for that to happen.
Yes. I didnt even know about all this drama with ordering this car honestly xD my car just broke down again and straight after work i went to autohaus to ask questions and they told me they are expecting gr86 to come any day and wanted me to wait to drive it first (the guy i first talked to didnt seem to take me very serious). Then a week later i called their main autohaus and the car had just arrived by them and i just made a contract with them that day. Still waiting on the test drive though xD

What i saw few days ago on toyota.de when i was checking some stuff in konfigurator is that there says now that there is bestellpause, and that was 100% not written when i ordered my baby.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone in Germany knows when we might get tüv certificates for at least some aftermarket rims? Checking all the felgenshops it seems not a single one is certified still....

would really like to get jr28 or jr18... on their official website its stated they come with tüv but if i find these on felgenshop its still only for gt version :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Toyota accountmanager is the best...

Ordered a GR86 (base edition, red, manual) back in june. Delivery was scheduled for november so the wait began. But in september, there were rumours that the production in Japan was delayed and the ETA would be somewere in 2023, maybe even in the summer... And on top of that, Dutch taxes (because of carbon emission crap) would rise another €4k in 2023... (and the car is already way over €60k here.... almost half this price is made up by taxes...).

But, my dealer managed to persuade another Dutch Toyota dealer. They had ordered a red GR86 (manual) edition as a demo car for their showroom. At first, they didn't want to sell but in the end: my accountmanager did eventually persuade them. 😁 How he did this: I don't know but he is a hero.

The only difference is that this is a Premium model, with the half leather seats, 18" wheels with Michelin Pilot 4's etc. Also 4k more expensive but I rather spend this 4K on a more luxurious version than to pay this to our beloved government in 2023. And right now, I am even glad that it is a premium. These seats, wheels etc. are just more beautiful.

And today, it arrived at the dealership! Still wrapped with all the plastics etc. The first time for me to see a red GR86 in real life and the first time I sat in it. And what a beauty already, can't wait to drive it! Delivery is scheduled for december 6th so in 2 weeks: it is partytime in one of the very first (and very few, with this insane pricing here) GR86's in The Netherlands!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Gear shift

·
Registered
138 Posts

Ordered a GR86 (base edition, red, manual) back in june. Delivery was scheduled for november so the wait began. But in september, there were rumours that the production in Japan was delayed and the ETA would be somewere in 2023, maybe even in the summer... And on top of that, Dutch taxes (because of carbon emission crap) would rise another €4k in 2023... (and the car is already way over €60k here.... almost half this price is made up by taxes...).

But, my dealer managed to persuade another Dutch Toyota dealer. They had ordered a red GR86 (manual) edition as a demo car for their showroom. At first, they didn't want to sell but in the end: my accountmanager did eventually persuade them. 😁 How he did this: I don't know but he is a hero.

The only difference is that this is a Premium model, with the half leather seats, 18" wheels with Michelin Pilot 4's etc. Also 4k more expensive but I rather spend this 4K on a more luxurious version than to pay this to our beloved government in 2023. And right now, I am even glad that it is a premium. These seats, wheels etc. are just more beautiful.

And today, it arrived at the dealership! Still wrapped with all the plastics etc. The first time for me to see a red GR86 in real life and the first time I sat in it. And what a beauty already, can't wait to drive it! Delivery is scheduled for december 6th so in 2 weeks: it is partytime in one of the very first (and very few, with this insane pricing here) GR86's in The Netherlands!

View attachment 17362

View attachment 17363

View attachment 17364
Congratulations and Kudos for the commitment to buy at that price.

·
Registered
preordered 2023 GR86 with TRD kit
74 Posts
Hi guys, havent checked for some time and 10 pages of this thread - Does ANYBODY know some more information about second order wave for europe/germany?
all the time i read and heard about Q4 2022 and we are near christmas now. I just want my f.. order confirmation :(

already peeking at the Miata ND 2.0 RF/GT..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi guys, havent checked for some time and 10 pages of this thread - Does ANYBODY know some more information about second order wave for europe/germany?
all the time i read and heard about Q4 2022 and we are near christmas now. I just want my f.. order confirmation :(

Unfortunately nothing official so far. I'm also peeking tbh (Supra R6 manual :D)

·
Registered
2 Posts

View attachment 17362

View attachment 17363

View attachment 17364
Congratulations !
Well done !

·
Registered
74 Posts
Unfortunately nothing official so far. I'm also peeking tbh (Supra R6 manual :D)
20k more than my GR86 would cost, nah - i'm good ^^ my initial budged is already surpassed with the GR86 :D

·
Registered
27 Posts

If you can live without the back seats (even they are small they are legal seats - just in case) and limited usability go for it. The Mazda dealer of my company car in Germany has told me MX5 are here in 5-6 six months after order from manufacture. My 3 was ordered June ‘21 manufactured in Aug ‘21 delivered in Nov ‘21. Not sure how the fancy SUV’s deliveries go but it seems the normal cars are still predictable at Mazda. Toyota and Honda on the other hand delivers miserably in EU. Had I not needed the usability of the GR I would have also gone for the MX5 RF.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you can live without the back seats (even they are small they are legal seats - just in case) and limited usability go for it. The Mazda dealer of my company car in Germany has told me MX5 are here in 5-6 six months after order from manufacture. My 3 was ordered June ‘21 manufactured in Aug ‘21 delivered in Nov ‘21. Not sure how the fancy SUV’s deliveries go but it seems the normal cars are still predictable at Mazda. Toyota and Honda on the other hand delivers miserably in EU. Had I not needed the usability of the GR I would have also gone for the MX5 RF.
Also check if you fit in the MX-5. I could barely fit in an RF acceptably but there was no room for a helmet. It's way more cramped than the GR86.

·
Registered
19 Posts
People that have already received the car: How tall are you and how comfortably can you sit in it?
All this talk is making me concerned that my height might make it uncomfortable to drive this thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
People that have already received the car: How tall are you and how comfortably can you sit in it?
All this talk is making me concerned that my height might make it uncomfortable to drive this thing.
Hi, I took it for a test drive before I ordered. I’m 189cm (with tall upper body) and could still fit in, but I think I won’t be able to take a helmet unless I change the seat.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also check if you fit in the MX-5. I could barely fit in an RF acceptably but there was no room for a helmet. It's way more cramped that the GR86.
I am 185cm and don't need a helmet. If things still be really bad in January or february, I will be checking out some local Mazda dealers

2961 - 2980 of 3020 Posts