Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
2921 - 2940 of 3020 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Does anyone know if markups are "illegal" in Europe? Base bRed manual in Germany MSRP is about 34950€.
As far as I know this is the first car (ever?) to cost SIGNIFICANTLY (11000€??) more than MSRP? Good for us, value will hold incredibly well then...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
339 Posts
I contacted Toyota because of this and this dealership (Lackas).
Sadly its legal and the cant do anything about it.

The dealer ordered a big number of cars and made big markups.
I hope nobody buys them...

I also heared rumors about similar and worse things they did to GR Yaris customers.
Like telling them their cars were canceled, but the received a similar, but for a higher price.

Definitivly the worst dealer in Germany.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just because everybody is talking about how the 86 drifts. Never drifted with the S and never wanted to. I never felt it was missing from her joy of driving. Having seen all the tests and you guys talking here built the impression in me: “it is not possible to drive the 86 without drifting” Anyway, now it is clear. I have no doubt it drives like a sports car and I will only drift if you want it to. Besides the S2000 I always Had FWD Hondas and never felt wanting to drift. I just like the RWD setup for straight line acceleration - this is the weak point of all powerful FWD Honda. I can hardly wait to test drive my own GR86 - if Subaru ever manufactures it and Toyota delivers.
Just to come back to this chat as I've noted some pertinent behaviour the past 2 days. It's been raining a lot the past few days and coupled with a lot of fallen leaves the roads are slippery. I have had to run a bunch of local errands and it's been jump in and go. As such I was not disabling the traction systems. I have a favoured junction that comes down out of a Forrest on to a larger road that has 0.5 km visibility in both directions. Let's just say I use it as a barometer for every car to test dynamics (my first execution of that in the Panda 4*4 I had showed me never to drive it like that again).

Anyway, I came up to it yesterday and approached it as normal forgetting that the systems were on. The systems stepped in immediately, cut power and I drove sedately out of the junction.

I did the same again today but purposely leaving the systems on. It behaved exactly the same. Sensed the loss of traction, cut power, kept everything straight and just drove out. So, in summary, the car will look after you if you accidentally encounter a loss of traction in regular driving.

·
Registered
138 Posts

I also heared rumors about similar and worse things they did to GR Yaris customers.
Like telling them their cars were canceled, but the received a similar, but for a higher price.

Unfortunately, this is the flip side of the complaint regarding direct ordering from Toyota. At least then the price is fixed.

Dealerships have to pay for the inventory. So, once they have possession it's up to them what price they put on it. Manufacturers of course issue RRP but let's be honest, up to the recent past if you went into a dealership, you would use that as the point from which to negotiate downwards. BMW and Ford dealerships in particular were always selling cars at pretty hefty discounts.

I don't like it, from what you say these people are known to act in a less than straight up manner, but they can do what they want. A lot of the talk in the industry is that Manufacturers will move to direct sales in future and dealerships will handle used cars, spares and servicing only. Honestly, I think that would work out best for both of them. The issue is that we as customers would then lose the ability to negotiate price downwards.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just to come back to this chat as I've noted some pertinent behaviour the past 2 days. It's been raining a lot the past few days and coupled with a lot of fallen leaves the roads are slippery. I have had to run a bunch of local errands and it's been jump in and go. As such I was not disabling the traction systems. I have a favoured junction that comes down out of a Forrest on to a larger road that has 0.5 km visibility in both directions. Let's just say I use it as a barometer for every car to test dynamics (my first execution of that in the Panda 4*4 I had showed me never to drive it like that again).

Anyway, I came up to it yesterday and approached it as normal forgetting that the systems were on. The systems stepped in immediately, cut power and I drove sedately out of the junction.

I did the same again today but purposely leaving the systems on. It behaved exactly the same. Sensed the loss of traction, cut power, kept everything straight and just drove out. So, in summary, the car will look after you if you accidentally encounter a loss of traction in regular driving.
It was also my impression that with stability / traction normal mode doesn't allow for much if any slip angles. Pushing the car though some 3rd gear switch backs with systems on, it just corners like on rails, and i can feel the stability systems grabbing a wheel every so often. I'm keeping it to 4k rpm for the first thousand or so KMs, though the engine is making full torque by then. Strangely though, pulling briskly away in the wet with TC on often results in some wheel slip.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone know if markups are "illegal" in Europe? Base bRed manual in Germany MSRP is about 34950€.
As far as I know this is the first car (ever?) to cost SIGNIFICANTLY (11000€??) more than MSRP? Good for us, value will hold incredibly well then...

View attachment 17105
Omg, 46k, base trim, no packs. Good luck selling it (I hope not).
And it is already registered so it counts as a 2nd hand car.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I ordered my 86 at lackas and I'm not happy with the dealership either.

·
Registered
292 Posts
So who's the lucky bastard to have snatched this one? I called as soon as I found it and was told I'm 5 minutes late, but also that I'm like the fifth person to call already... View attachment 17148
I got a notification about this one and when I opened the app it was gone already 😮

·
Registered
BMW Z4 3.0 E85
33 Posts
Important news for spanish orders, I talked yesterday with my dealer and he told me after just 2h when the orders started, they already booked 150 units. So basically is a straight lie that we only will receive 100 units. It's just a strategic marketing to boost the model (cause the only true Stuff is: the production will end on Dec 2024). The first 50 ones will be the faster to produce though😂

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just a question about the 18" wheels.

When I see the spanish track pack, I see that the 18" wheel are forged. Does it means that all the other market have just light alloyed 18" wheels and not forged wheels ? It seems it's exactly the same esthetic ...

Those who have received their GR86 have they already check ?

In my belgian purchase order, it's write "forged". But with Toyota ...

2921 - 2940 of 3020 Posts