Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Registered
2022 GR86
9 Posts
Update. Just got the news she’s totaled today boys. Estimate says payout is 38k. I think that’s a fair amount for an auto base model. Should I push for 40 to even it out? Leave it as it? Or try and get however much more I can?
38K is a hella good payout for a base auto. Is that including taxes or will you also be getting those on top? If it does include taxes, so about 34K, that still seems pretty good.

Was 38K their 1st offer? If so, they probably got a bit more if you want to be pushy.

· Registered
2022 AT 86
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
38K is a hella good payout for a base auto. Is that including taxes or will you also be getting those on top? If it does include taxes, so about 34K, that still seems pretty good.

Was 38K their 1st offer? If so, they probably got a bit more if you want to be pushy.
Just going off the estimate pdf that’s including taxes. I think it’s fair I’ll probably just leave it be. Now I gotta decide on my next car

· Registered
295 Posts
Update. Just got the news she’s totaled today boys. Estimate says payout is 38k. I think that’s a fair amount for an auto base model. Should I push for 40 to even it out? Leave it as it? Or try and get however much more I can?
That's an amazing payout if you ask me. What did you pay out the door? You should be able to turn around and just buy a new one with money to spare from that right? Realize you have to pay off the existing loan and go get a new one - but still...

BTW - unrelated but the 2020 BRZ I sold to Vroom last February with 32,000 miles for 29k is STILL on sale and they just reduced it to $29,499 - they are taking a bath on it one way or the other. I feel a little (but only a little) bad...

· Registered
432 Posts
Just going off the estimate pdf that’s including taxes. I think it’s fair I’ll probably just leave it be. Now I gotta decide on my next car
good move. while trying for more is likely to get a few here or there its also possible that whoever gives you lower.

The big downside here is if you are financing your terms are going to be higher vs when you first bought your car. in the grand scheme of things its not make or break but for me i went from 2.9 in the GR to 4.9 in the BRZ

· Registered
2023 GR86 Pavement A/T
18 Posts
Just took off my wheels and exhaust. Giving the rest to the insurance.
Sorry for your loss man. Glad to hear you're getting the right payout. I have perhaps a rather odd question for you. Is there any chance you would sell me a piece of cut junction wire for the back up lamp?

Here's my sitch. I tried to take off the back up lamp so I could put a light tint on it. I watched Kevin's video (
) to see how to remove it. I do plan on getting this mod once I sell my stock tires.

When I tried to remove it, I was unable to get the connector to separate, Kevin made it look so simple! Consequently, I mangled it up pretty good and will not be able to put on the new lamp without replacing the connectors. The cost of each of the wiring harnesses (need each side) is near 300$. No bueno. So I'm hoping to find another way. Seeing you're totaled and getting the proper compensation, I thought i'd ask. Attached are the two pieces.

If you don't want to do that, I totally understand. Maybe some else will see this and help me out.

Attachments

· Registered
2022 AT 86
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Sorry for your loss man. Glad to hear you're getting the right payout. I have perhaps a rather odd question for you. Is there any chance you would sell me a piece of cut junction wire for the back up lamp?

Here's my sitch. I tried to take off the back up lamp so I could put a light tint on it. I watched Kevin's video (
) to see how to remove it. I do plan on getting this mod once I sell my stock tires.

When I tried to remove it, I was unable to get the connector to separate, Kevin made it look so simple! Consequently, I mangled it up pretty good and will not be able to put on the new lamp without replacing the connectors. The cost of each of the wiring harnesses (need each side) is near 300$. No bueno. So I'm hoping to find another way. Seeing you're totaled and getting the proper compensation, I thought i'd ask. Attached are the two pieces.

If you don't want to do that, I totally understand. Maybe some else will see this and help me out.
Oh damn man I’m really sorry I would’ve loved to help you out but unfortunately I surrendered the vehicle to my insurance already once I removed my wheels and exhaust. So I don’t believe I can actually remove anything else at this point.

· Registered
2023 GR86 Pavement A/T
18 Posts
Oh damn man I’m really sorry I would’ve loved to help you out but unfortunately I surrendered the vehicle to my insurance already once I removed my wheels and exhaust. So I don’t believe I can actually remove anything else at this point.
Completely understand. I'll probably create a new post asking specifically for this, unless @thekevinvo has any ideas or insights :) - I wish i'd have asked sooner. Just didn't think about it.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts