Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
GR86 on allocation
479 Posts
Thinking about getting a premium for the interior, is there a market for the wheels? I live somewhere that 215/40 is a bit sketchy and don't want to gear up the car too much

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thinking about getting a premium for the interior, is there a market for the wheels? I live somewhere that 215/40 is a bit sketchy and don't want to gear up the car too much
The gearing difference looks like 0.6%, definitely negligible. Assuming I have the specs right: Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

It's a forged wheel so it should have value to some people. Maybe you could trade+cash with someone who got a base GR/BRZ and doesn't would rather have those wheels?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The gearing difference looks like 0.6%, definitely negligible. Assuming I have the specs right: Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

It's a forged wheel so it should have value to some people. Maybe you could trade+cash with someone who got a base GR/BRZ and doesn't would rather have those wheels?
The premium wheels are not forged unfortunately, there was some confusion in the beginning but the last info is they are not forged.

·
Registered
GR86 on allocation
479 Posts
I thought the 215 45 was thin walled on the last gen and went and put 225/45s on it.

You'd think being outside of the snow belt would help but roads are trash in Oregon and Washington

·
Registered
GR86 on allocation
479 Posts
Ah gotcha. 👍
I wasnt sure because you only mentioned the tire width and sidewall height. I assumed you meant still on an 18 inch wheel. Which would probably fit, just make the car slower.
On the older Cars they only came with one wheel size originally....

Just not sure what I'm going to do with the new one as I want the premium for other reasons but they went super thin side walls on the car and not forged anyway

1 - 20 of 20 Posts