Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a spec sheet somewhere that stated the BRZ comes with aluminum lug nuts. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I would not like the idea of aluminum lug nuts.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I wouldn't put too much stock in it until you or someone else gets their hands on them; when the first spec sheets for the cars came out they were saying the OEM wheels were forged aluminum, but now we know that's not the case.

·
Registered
76 Posts
But but but, think of all those grams of unsprung weight! :cool:
Weight is not always the only consideration. Acura NSX wheels have aluminum lug seats (those wheels use lug bolts not nuts). Sometimes material compatibility is part of the choice. If the BRZ wheel lug seats are steel then aluminum could be a poor choice for that reason. Of course you could always go with titanium at a mere $500/set :).

·
Registered
2022 Pavement GR86 , 2019 Shelby GT350R
959 Posts
Weight is not always the only consideration. Acura NSX wheels have aluminum lug seats (those wheels use lug bolts not nuts). Sometimes material compatibility is part of the choice. If the BRZ wheel lug seats are steel then aluminum could be a poor choice for that reason. Of course you could always go with titanium at a mere $500/set :).
I guess my sarcasm wasn’t clear enough.....

·
Registered
2022 Pavement GR86 , 2019 Shelby GT350R
959 Posts
No - i think the three "but"s, exclamation mark and emoji gave you away. I was just pointing out another reason lug nuts are made in different materials. Sweet Mustang you got there!
Thanks! That Shelby is gone and was an animal. More of a drag car than anything.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.