Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My favorite is still the Neptune blue, but the Ice silver metallic is a close second for me - it has a nice "Aston Martin / Porsche" feel to it and I love the black wheel contrast ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow, that’s a really great video to show the colours.

In the past I have never really liked red cars… but on the GR86 it is becoming my favourite colour… it looks ‘special’ with no modifications necessary but also timeless. The same could be said for Neptune blue - but I don’t think that colour will age as well.

Also like the way red goes with so many different wheels colours: silver, gunmetal, black, bronze, gold… could all look good with this red.

·
Registered
767 Posts
My favorite is still the Neptune blue, but the Ice silver metallic is a close second for me - it has a nice "Aston Martin / Porsche" feel to it and I love the black wheel contrast ;)

I would pick ISM/Steel (same code) in a heartbeat if it always looked like that. But in reality, it only looks like that in the showroom and in the bright sun. In the shade or on overcast days, it starts to look seriously blue. At dusk, it can even look purple! Some people call that dynamic :)

If you know Porsche paints, it is much closer to Rhodium than to GT Silver.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mmmh I first preferred Neptune and Sapphire blue. But after seeing this video it seems I'm more into the 'boring' colors steel and raven black.
I think the matt black rims don't really look well with the blue tones.
It would be different for me if the rims were shiny black.
And I'm not so into getting new rims right after buying a new car..
The Steel looks so elegant and suits the form of the car. Reminds me a bit of my all time favorite the 300 SL.

On the other hand the WR Rally blue with the grey rims look really nice. Unfortunately we don't get the BRZ here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mmmh I first preferred Neptune and Sapphire blue. But after seeing this video it seems I'm more into the 'boring' colors steel and raven black.
I think the matt black rims don't really look well with the blue tones.
It would be different for me if the rims were shiny black.
And I'm not so into getting new rims right after buying a new car..
The Steel looks so elegant and suits the form of the car. Reminds me a bit of my all time favorite the 300 SL.

On the other hand the WR Rally blue with the grey rims look really nice. Unfortunately we don't get the BRZ here.
can agree on the black wheels and blue combo.. not a fan of that myself either really.

I was considering buying black or grey, but find that in those dark colours there isn’t enough contrast to make the black plastic on the rear bumper look like a true black. The dark grey really bothers me that the black plastic looks grey too, especially compared to the solid black connecting the tail lights.

For me it has to be Red or White

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,179 Posts
can agree on the black wheels and blue combo.. not a fan of that myself either really.

I was considering buying black or grey, but find that in those dark colours there isn’t enough contrast to make the black plastic on the rear bumper look like a true black. The dark grey really bothers me that the black plastic looks grey too, especially compared to the solid black connecting the tail lights.

For me it has to be Red or White
Depends if you get the low end trim. The darker cars look very nice with those silver rims. I actually have the thing for the low end trim - it has that unique GR embossed fabric seats which I actually prefer over the pretty standard looking leather/alcantara.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Depends if you get the low end trim. The darker cars look very nice with those silver rims. I actually have the thing for the low end trim - it has that unique GR embossed fabric seats which I actually prefer over the pretty standard looking leather/alcantara.
Thought about getting the base model with some darker Colors too.. Only problem is I need the cruise control and my better half needs the heated seats. So spending some money to get new rims is cheaper and easier then replacing the seats and fiddling my way into an aftermarket cruise control.😅

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,179 Posts
Thought about getting the base model with some darker Colors too.. Only problem is I need the cruise control and my better half needs the heated seats. So spending some money to get new rims is cheaper and easier then replacing the seats and fiddling my way into an aftermarket cruise control.😅
Cruise control isn't standard on the low end? Wow, I thought they were all a match from that point of view.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just looked on the Toyota USA website, couldn't specifically find cruise control for either the base manual or Premium manual, but it did say adaptive cruise control isn't available for either of the manual trim levels. We all know for a fact the premium comes with (normal) cruise control, so I can't imagine it doesn't come with the base car also, as the steering wheel is the same between the trim levels. I'll bet it could be confirmed if you watched some of the track day videos from Monticello race track, as some of the people in those videos are driving the base model also.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just looked on the Toyota USA website, couldn't specifically find cruise control for either the base manual or Premium manual, but it did say adaptive cruise control isn't available for either of the manual trim levels. We all know for a fact the premium comes with (normal) cruise control, so I can't imagine it doesn't come with the base car also, as the steering wheel is the same between the trim levels. I'll bet it could be confirmed if you watched some of the track day videos from Monticello race track, as some of the people in those videos are driving the base model also.
Ok then I have to check that..
To be honest I also like the alcantara interior. But Some nice Recaros would also fit the car pretty well 😎

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just watched the Sarah-n-tuned review at the Monticello introduction; she did a little walk around on the interior of a base GR manual. It clearly has the cruise control stalk on the steering wheel, with the only caveat being that I believe the cars at the Monticello intro. were all pre-production units. Still, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet the base models have cruise control.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts