Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm that the accelerator pedal in the 22 model is the same as in the previous generation model? From the Subaru parts website it certainly looks the same and part numbers seem to suggest the same for some components of the whole assembly at least. I am looking for a pedal cover/plate replacement that will help with heel and toe, and there are plenty of options for the previous gen but nothing specific for 2022 yet.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's funny, I actually cannot heel/toe due to my leg position from my height, so I do ball/toe instead. Was just sitting in the 22 BRZ a few minutes ago and I tried to ball/toe and it doesn't work as well. I may need to add some thickness to the gas pedal to help accommodate this.

·
Registered
494 Posts
My Focus ST was like that with the throttle far inset from the brake pedal as if it was optimized only for use with very heavy braking. I was going to get a pedal cover or spacer mount, but I ended up getting used to it. Surprising thing is, the '08 Camry I have now has the pedals better set up for heel/toe (though, really, ball/toe as well—I find it much easier in every way). There's a kind of perverse pleasure in driving a Camry that way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's funny, I actually cannot heel/toe due to my leg position from my height, so I do ball/toe instead. Was just sitting in the 22 BRZ a few minutes ago and I tried to ball/toe and it doesn't work as well. I may need to add some thickness to the gas pedal to help accommodate this.
I always used that technique but then didn’t drive manuals in years. I can still do it fine that way or the proper way in my Porsche with a floor mounted accelerator pedal but I felt I should learn to do it “properly” which feels less natural, but also a little easier in the BRZ.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium 6MT (pre-order)
195 Posts
I also used a gas pedal spacer in my focus RS. Made a world of difference as in stock form the gas pedal was not suited for heal toe. Hopefully a company makes one for the twins....I'd imagine there will be plenty

·
Registered
2022 Pavement GR86 , 2019 Shelby GT350R
963 Posts
Hmmm. Looking closer at the one which @mandwer posted, I don’t like like the fact that the spacer raises the gas pedal by about an inch. We’ll see. My car arrives next week and I have a growing list of “essential” mods for a brand new car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Versus was quick to reply via e-mail that they cannot confirm fitment at this time, but will be receiving a development car in about a month. I asked about buying an returning and they noted a 15% restocking fee (I thought they might waive any return fees to have someone test it out but no luck), so I am on the fence about ordering one yet.
@PhoenixM3 for me the height of the pedal seems to be more important than the lateral position, but that's just what my dumb foot is telling me

·
Registered
2022 Pavement GR86 , 2019 Shelby GT350R
963 Posts
Versus was quick to reply via e-mail that they cannot confirm fitment at this time, but will be receiving a development car in about a month. I asked about buying an returning and they noted a 15% restocking fee (I thought they might waive any return fees to have someone test it out but no luck), so I am on the fence about ordering one yet.
@PhoenixM3 for me the height of the pedal seems to be more important than the lateral position, but that's just what my dumb foot is telling me
Part of my concern is when you’re under very hard braking, the brake pedal may be lower than the gas pedal, which may make it awkward to roll my foot to blip the throttle. I’m probably over-thinking this.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts