Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm that the accelerator pedal in the 22 model is the same as in the previous generation model? From the Subaru parts website it certainly looks the same and part numbers seem to suggest the same for some components of the whole assembly at least. I am looking for a pedal cover/plate replacement that will help with heel and toe, and there are plenty of options for the previous gen but nothing specific for 2022 yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's funny, I actually cannot heel/toe due to my leg position from my height, so I do ball/toe instead. Was just sitting in the 22 BRZ a few minutes ago and I tried to ball/toe and it doesn't work as well. I may need to add some thickness to the gas pedal to help accommodate this.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My Focus ST was like that with the throttle far inset from the brake pedal as if it was optimized only for use with very heavy braking. I was going to get a pedal cover or spacer mount, but I ended up getting used to it. Surprising thing is, the '08 Camry I have now has the pedals better set up for heel/toe (though, really, ball/toe as well—I find it much easier in every way). There's a kind of perverse pleasure in driving a Camry that way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's funny, I actually cannot heel/toe due to my leg position from my height, so I do ball/toe instead. Was just sitting in the 22 BRZ a few minutes ago and I tried to ball/toe and it doesn't work as well. I may need to add some thickness to the gas pedal to help accommodate this.
I always used that technique but then didn’t drive manuals in years. I can still do it fine that way or the proper way in my Porsche with a floor mounted accelerator pedal but I felt I should learn to do it “properly” which feels less natural, but also a little easier in the BRZ.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
299 Posts
I also dont use a heel for anything. I brake with the ball under my big toe and just rock my ankle to the right to blip the throttle with the ball of my pinkie toe. Lol. Been doing that for many many years. Works for me

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I fitted the Cusco pedal cover yesterday - very easy and quick job as long as you are flexible enough to get yourself deep into the foot well!

Here are some pics that might help others. It provides a useful increase in size of the pedal - definitely fees like it will be easier to Heel and toe.

White Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Font Automotive wheel system Auto part Machine

Automotive tire Light Pneumatic tool Saw Drill

White Automotive tire Light Bicycle part Rim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts