Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone that currently owns either a 2022 86 or brz and is younger than 25 years old, what do you pay a month for insurance and what company are you using? I really want an 86 and I have the money for one but I am wondering what I may be paying a month for insurance.

·
Registered
22 BRZ
201 Posts
For anyone that currently owns either a 2022 86 or brz and is younger than 25 years old, what do you pay a month for insurance and what company are you using? I really want an 86 and I have the money for one but I am wondering what I may be paying a month for insurance.
Just shop/call around, its gonna be individually specific. Age, credit, location, driving history, other insurance bundled are all gonna be a factor. In my mid 20s i had a 1st gen FRS and it was in the mid 200s im in my early 30s now and state farm quoted me 102 a month for the new BRZ.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just shop/call around, its gonna be individually specific. Age, credit, location, driving history, other insurance bundled are all gonna be a factor. In my mid 20s i had a 1st gen FRS and it was in the mid 200s im in my early 30s now and state farm quoted me 102 a month for the new BRZ.
ok thanks for the info. I called AAA and they couldnt give me a number because the 86 isn't out yet but he said to expect $300 maybe more which is kind of more than I was hoping. Maybe I will look into other companies and see who has a lower price.

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,134 Posts
Your age group is going to increase the price some. It also depends on where you live. But for me, age 39 living in Chicago suburbs its only going to cost $289 every six months. Its actually cheaper than a couple of my other cars. I dont have my car yet, but I do have the vin and was able to get my quote.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's all going to come down to age, driving record, and where you live and if you have an actual garage these days. Oh, also which insurance company you go with will make a difference as well. No one will be able to give you a cost for you except you.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I really feel for you younger owners. These quotes are insanity. I'm 59 and the quote from my current carrier (Kentucky Farm Bureau) for the BRZ is $100 / six months. I think it's really smart for you all to shop around for the best insurance deals available.

·
Registered
22 BRZ
201 Posts
ok thanks for the info. I called AAA and they couldnt give me a number because the 86 isn't out yet but he said to expect $300 maybe more which is kind of more than I was hoping. Maybe I will look into other companies and see who has a lower price.
Good luck man, I remember trying to have fun cars in my early 20s and a lot of times I skipped cars cause the insurance was ridiculous, and I have a great driving record. Good news, at least for me, it seems to start dropping quickly as you get a few years older. When i asked state farm it wasnt in the system either, but my agent made a guess based on the type of car, price and comparing a 2020. If they cant seem to give you a quote just ask them to quote you a 2020 BRZ and expect it to be higher.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Wagon CVT :(
44 Posts
I'm young (under 25) and am looking to get a GR86 Premium. Nationwide quoted me $180/month for a 2020 BRZ. I live in Charlotte, NC, have spotless driving record, but I do have other insurance bundled with it so that may be why it's lower than others. I'd expect the GR86 to be about $200/month for me, probably.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm young (under 25) and am looking to get a GR86 Premium. Nationwide quoted me $180/month for a 2020 BRZ. I live in Charlotte, NC, have spotless driving record, but I do have other insurance bundled with it so that may be why it's lower than others. I'd expect the GR86 to be about $200/month for me, probably.
I got quoted by progressive for 180/month or 900/6 months. I will probably use them because it's pretty affordable. Just put in my deposit for the 86!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Insurance rates are HIGHLY dependent on your area, and yes, age. As a test I checked my rates through an estimator where I put in my own address in Houston vs. a family member's place that's in a very rural town, and the rate was something like less than half. That's an apples-to-apples comparison since it was the same company, person, and car, but different area.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm 20 and I drive a 2013 FR-S. Technically, the car is under my mom's name and I'm listed as a driver. The insurance is $140 a month. I'm hoping that when I get the new one, that my clean driving record along with a credit score of 750, that they'll ease up on the insurance. It helps when you have a woman co sign on a vehicle. My mom told me if I'm not able to make a payment, that I have to get rid of it though 😅

·
Registered
437 Posts
Insurance rates are HIGHLY dependent on your area, and yes, age. As a test I checked my rates through an estimator where I put in my own address in Houston vs. a family member's place that's in a very rural town, and the rate was something like less than half. That's an apples-to-apples comparison since it was the same company, person, and car, but different area.
Which locale was half?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Which locale was half?
The rural area. Houston rates are comparatively much higher due in part the number of undocumented folks here that have no insurance. Hit-and-run accidents are very common. That and there are so few police you're likely not going to see them out on the site of an accident unless there was an injury or fatality.

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,134 Posts
The rural area. Houston rates are comparatively much higher due in part the number of undocumented folks here that have no insurance. Hit-and-run accidents are very common. That and there are so few police you're likely not going to see them out on the site of an accident unless there was an injury or fatality.
For sure. My cousin just moved out of Chicago to a south suburb. His insurance for 2 cars and a motorcycle went down by $1000 every 6 months. LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.