Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1990 BMW 325i E30
9 Posts
I'd say 32 psi is a good place to start. Go up in small steps and see how things change. Things like noise, harshness over rough pavement, handling, etc.

Let us know how it goes. Lots of us are interested in the CC2s.

Rob

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
What size are they? Michelin website is saying there is no 215/40-R18 in the CC2.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium Raven
165 Posts
I like 32 psi in my winter tires, but I don't want to go too much below that when it gets really cold ( <-30°C) so I added a little extra at 34 psi for early winter when temps are still just a little below freezing. I'm running x-Ice 205/55R16. In 18s like you are running I'd be inclined to go 35 psi.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What size are they? Michelin website is saying there is no 215/40-R18 in the CC2.
225/40-r18 on stock 18s.

They usually over inflate tires so you can adjust accordingly. It is a lot easier to just deflate to your liking instead of having to fill them again.
makes sense, they did leave the screen on tire TPMS.
But it was a tuner shop so just wanted to double check to see if its something they know for the better

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd say 32 psi is a good place to start. Go up in small steps and see how things change. Things like noise, harshness over rough pavement, handling, etc.

Let us know how it goes. Lots of us are interested in the CC2s.

Rob
It's great. I live in Vancouver and the winters havent been that strong here the past decade. It rains ~200days a year here so I bought it for the wet grip while allowing the occasional 3 peak symbol benefits.
Wet grip much better. I live on a hill and dont slip out when moving from a stop anymore. (5-12Celcius wet weather)
I think the extra 10mm does a lot too. I dont seem to power slip on first and second as easily anymore.
So far so good, been riding on 40psi by mistake but will be lowering it to 35psi and will report the differences.

ride quality is a bit softer but really not much better than the pilots.

·
Registered
1990 BMW 325i E30
9 Posts
Hey T. How are the CC2s in the snow falling today !

Also a Vancouverite. My Nokian all weather, 3 peaks were great until the slush turned into snow. Then they fell on their ass. Snow tires they are not. But that's not really the subject of this thread.

Thanks for the updated driving impressions. Take it easy out there and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey T. How are the CC2s in the snow falling today !

Also a Vancouverite. My Nokian all weather, 3 peaks were great until the slush turned into snow. Then they fell on their ass. Snow tires they are not. But that's not really the subject of this thread.

Thanks for the updated driving impressions. Take it easy out there and let us know how it goes.
I decided to create a thread about it with youtube links.

I think the cross climates performed really well today. Easy to slip out when accelerating too quickly but thats just me trying to have 'fun'.

·
Registered
1990 BMW 325i E30
9 Posts
Back to your original post, you said:

"Just got cross climate 2s swapped onto my 18s"

Are you still deciding whether to buy a second set of wheels or just switch the Pilots back on the OEM wheels in spring?

I get my BRZ in January (hopefully) so am interested in a local opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts