Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2023 BRZ LTD 6MT Sapphire Blue Pearl
128 Posts
Finally, I got a call from my dealer yesterday saying that my car will be ready either late today or tomorrow. My Mysubaru was updated 11/4 with "Almost on its way". Ordered early may, ETA was November, got my VIN 10/20. Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

edit: Im picking it up this afternoon. Can't wait to see it, I haven't seen a grey in person, Ive only seen one and it was wrapped in neon yellow lol.

edit2: You guys are not going to believe. this. I got a call from my salesman, he tell me that after the new inventory inspection, the tech left the car out of gear and it rolled into another car. The back bumper is scratched, but they can order a new bumper and have it re-sprayed or we can order a new car and wait another 6 months to a year. I said i would not make up my mind till i saw it in person. I went to the dealer and the back bumper has about 3 large scratches, down to the plastic and about another 5 that are in the paint. I told the sales manager that 3 free oil changes are not enough to fix this. The sales manager offered to pay the first 2 months of my payments plus 3 oil changes. Im going to take it home today and the new bumper will be in around January. They said they will spay it twice if they have to to get the color matched right. SMH
jeez louise! bumper will be fixed, see it as a discount. sorry to hear about the boneheaded mishap. but most importantly congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
300 Posts
You guys are not going to believe. this. I got a call from my salesman, he tell me that after the new inventory inspection, the tech left the car out of gear and it rolled into another car.
I think you might underestimate what we’d believe. I watched a tech at a tire shop just about launch my day-old BRZ into the car in front of it in the parking lot. Lots of people, even guys who work on cars for a living, don’t understand how to drive — or apparently park — cars with manual transmissions.

Anyway… Congrats on the new car! Since it’s just a bumper cover, it doesn’t sound like it’ll be too painful a process to make this right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jeez louise! bumper will be fixed, see it as a discount. sorry to hear about the boneheaded mishap. but most importantly congrats on the new car!
I think you might underestimate what we’d believe. I watched a tech at a tire shop just about launch my day-old BRZ into the car in front of it in the parking lot. Lots of people, even guys who work on cars for a living, don’t understand how to drive — or apparently park — cars with manual transmissions.

Anyway… Congrats on the new car! Since it’s just a bumper cover, it doesn’t sound like it’ll be too painful a process to make this right.

Thank you both! The whole thing was a big headache, but now that the car is in the drive way, I'm very happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi!
Did anyone in Toronto get a delivery?

I pre ordered a 2023 BRZ back in March of this year in Toronto and Subaru still hasn't started building the car. On top of that, they have processed 0 ordered in the last 2-4 months in Toronto (all of Canada?) it seems.

Does anybody know what's going on? My dealer says all we can do is wait but I am seeing some folks here get deliveries. Please drop some info!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I pre ordered a 2023 BRZ back in March of this year in Toronto and Subaru still hasn't started building the car. On top of that, they have processed 0 ordered in the last 2-4 months in Toronto (all of Canada?) it seems.
I ordered my car in July and got an ETA in Jan, the VIN has just changed to pending, hopefully they are building my car now...

·
Registered
BRZ (base) 6-spd due Jan. 2023
253 Posts
Just called my sales representative and had him check my status on the computer.

I ordered my BRZ on July 15th and was told to expect it around the end of December.

As of today, the updated information is that it will arrive "sometime" in January, and that a VIN should be assigned in the next two weeks.

And that my sales representative will text and call me with the VIN along with an estimated date of delivery.

(Should I start buying parts yet?)

·
Registered
204 Posts
December 1st if my sales guy can’t give me a December delivery date I’m walking. BRZ is great but I’m not waiting till January when I was told October at the time of my deposit.

Otherwise like you I would’ve started buying parts by now.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I waited to buy stuff for my car, figuring I’d have some time after getting my VIN. Nope. I got a text from my sales rep telling me “it’ll be here tomorrow”.

If you’re this close, you might as well buy things if they’re necessities. Like in my case, tires that are safe to drive in the cold.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I waited to buy stuff for my car, figuring I’d have some time after getting my VIN. Nope. I got a text from my sales rep telling me “it’ll be here tomorrow”.

If you’re this close, you might as well buy things if they’re necessities. Like in my case, tires that are safe to drive in the cold.
Thanks @SkyDog, but I'm going to wait.

I have every confidence that the car that will be delivered to me will be "normal". Notice I said confidence and not trust.

I don't believe in jinxing or luck, but I do believe in Murphy's Law and Monday/Friday cars.

So once I get her, and have about a hundred miles on her, then I'll start spending "extra" money on her. No reason to be extravagant until after "the first date".

·
Registered
2023 BRZ Limited 6MT; 2013 FR-S 6MT
17 Posts
Anyone with a Spring '23 delivery date that's debating on waiting a few more months to Summer '23 to instead get one of the first 2024 BRZ's with possibly extra goodies? (Ex: driver kneepads, wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, return of Brembo Brakes, return of the stock subwoofer, etc)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Anyone with a Spring '23 delivery date that's debating on waiting a few more months to Summer '23 to instead get one of the first 2024 BRZ's with possibly extra goodies? (Ex: driver kneepads, wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, return of Brembo Brakes, return of the stock subwoofer, etc)
Where did you hear that these are coming?

·
Registered
2023 BRZ Limited 6MT; 2013 FR-S 6MT
17 Posts
Where did you hear that these are coming?
Possibly…They were just some of the things that were added over the years of the first-gen, that didn't make it over the transition to second-gen (Well, Toyota/Subaru does needs something to add over the model years of the 2nd gen). There were no changes from ‘22 to ‘23, and Toyota/Subaru historically doesn't go too long without adding little extras to the twins. In the case of wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, it’s just standard on GR Corolla, and GR Supra, makes sense to bring it to the GR86 at some point.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Possibly…They were just some of the things that were added over the years of the first-gen, that didn't make it over the transition to second-gen (Well, Toyota/Subaru does needs something to add over the model years of the 2nd gen). There were no changes from ‘22 to ‘23, and Toyota/Subaru historically doesn't go too long without adding little extras to the twins. In the case of wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, it’s just standard on GR Corolla, and GR Supra, makes sense to bring it to the GR86 at some point.
yeah but ur better off looking at subaru vehicles for features. like it or not the 2nd gen twins are the Subaru BRZ and Toyota BRZ. only unique toyota things we are getting are toyotacare and voided warranty

161 - 178 of 178 Posts