Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Wow, I am the sucker who ordered one month before you and is still waiting.
I actually tried ordering from the local Subaru dealer on May 9. He wasn't able to place the order until June 7 with an estimated delivery date of Dec 2022.
Not sure how Subaru's allocations work but the out of town dealer I ordered from on May 18 said I was the first 2023 BRZ order they placed.
Seems I got a bit lucky otherwise I'd be waiting until Dec.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I actually tried ordering from the local Subaru dealer on May 9. He wasn't able to place the order until June 7 with an estimated delivery date of Dec 2022.
Not sure how Subaru's allocations work but the out of town dealer I ordered from on May 18 said I was the first 2023 BRZ order they placed.
Seems I got a bit lucky otherwise I'd be waiting until Dec.
I placed mine on 4/20, I was first in WA state to order one as per my dealer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Order placed on 5/12, port ETA 9/14. Dealer said would be on lot before end of September. But when I was ordering my dealer said the spec was going to determine the delivery, seems likely they probably make all the same spec'd cars at once.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Order placed on 5/12, port ETA 9/14. Dealer said would be on lot before end of September. But when I was ordering my dealer said the spec was going to determine the delivery, seems likely they probably make all the same spec'd cars at once.
I thought this too but the person who ordered two days before me from the same dealership (he ordered April 19th and I order April 21st) ordered the exact same color and spec as me and he got his car about a month ago and mine won't be here until next month.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I thought this too but the person who ordered two days before me from the same dealership (he ordered April 19th and I order April 21st) ordered the exact same color and spec as me and he got his car about a month ago and mine won't be here until next month.
someone did mention their dealership had one order per month so maybe urs is the same and his was sept urs is oct?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put in an order on 7/7/22 (23 BRZ Sapphire Blue, MT Limited, w/ All Weather Floor Liner + STI Door Handle Cup Protector), and still no VIN (last update: 10/13/22). My ETA is Jan 23 (from the dealer & Subaru of America).

My dealer originally told me that the ETA would be a 4-month wait before I put an order... How do people get their BRZ around a 4-month wait? I don't have a car rn and I really need one...

·
Registered
300 Posts
How do people get their BRZ around a 4-month wait? I don't have a car rn and I really need one...
If your sales rep gave you a 4-month estimate, maybe he just gave you a guess. The ETA from Subaru is the one to go by, and there’s no way to speed it up.

My own wait was a bit over 5 months. I ordered in April, Subaru gave me a “September/October” ETA, and I picked up the car on 9/29. Meanwhile I just kept driving my old car until the BRZ arrived. 🤷🏻‍♂️

My daughter was the one left high & dry with no ride since she was waiting to inherit my old car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
...My own wait was a bit over 5 months. I ordered in April, Subaru gave me a “September/October” ETA, and I picked up the car on 9/29. Meanwhile I just kept driving my old car until the BRZ arrived. 🤷🏻‍♂️...
I've been wondering, did your ETA change at some time or it remains the same since the first day you got your ETA? (the ETA sounds pretty accurate)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ngl the delays are starting to get to me. Sales guy is telling me late December. Subaru is lucky all the cars I like are still way overpriced or unobtainable. I need a fresh vehicle pretty soon and I’ve come really close to buying a different car several times.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did everyone get their Vehicle Order Number (VON) after placing a factory order for their BRZ at a dealership? I put down a deposit for a BRZ factory order and never got my VON. I called my salesperson and he said that he wasn't aware of the VON...

·
Registered
2023 BRZ LTD 6MT Sapphire Blue Pearl
128 Posts
Did everyone get their Vehicle Order Number (VON) after placing a factory order for their BRZ at a dealership? I put down a deposit for a BRZ factory order and never got my VON. I called my salesperson and he said that he wasn't aware of the VON...
yea i was emailed mine by the dealer salesperson within a week of placing an order with him and placing a $500 deposit. maybe ask him to ask around, maybe someone else at th3 dealership knows what a VON is

121 - 140 of 178 Posts