Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
'23 BRZ Limited - 6MT - SBP
408 Posts
My order was placed on April 25th. i was told and confirmed September delivery for a 2023. i have a VON, but no VIN as of yet. If shipping takes 8 to 9 weeks, it should be nearing the build stage. We shall see...I'll check in with my dealer in a few weeks and check if a VIN number has been issued.

·
Registered
211 Posts
So why the wide variation in time from order to estimated delivery? Is it just the dealer making things up, or does Subaru only allocate on a schedule specific to the dealer, or what?
The wait is killing me... and I've started looking at other options. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
So why the wide variation in time from order to estimated delivery? Is it just the dealer making things up, or does Subaru only allocate on a schedule specific to the dealer, or what?
Honestly I think it’s a mix of region, allocations, and order dates. From what I’ve seen, 2023 orders opened up 2-3 weeks earlier in Canada. The cars that were ordered then for the most part are already built and just waiting to be shipped. From there, orders that have been placed May-June are waiting for a scheduled build date for the allocations. Knowing how it was last year that could be pretty random. Just expect a bunch of those Sept-Oct eta’s to all be built around the same time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I’m sure at least some of the variation is dealers/sales guy giving overly ambitious timelines on delivery to drive sales.

Another variable could be ports. Does the car sit for weeks after getting off the boat because there aren’t enough truckers? Or maybe it just takes longer to get to one dealer over another because one lot is 100 miles away and another is 500.

Just spitballing of course. For what it’s worth my delivery was said to be October but from what I read here and other places I’m expecting November.

·
Registered
344 Posts
when i ordered my dealer gave an ETA but the info from subaru specifically said no ETA at this time. Im guessing dealers provide a guestimation and that's about it. surely some want to over promise and under deliver; others under promise and over deliver.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ordered around April 15th - 20th. Was given an ETA of 2 - 4 Months from the time I ordered it. So, around July - August.

But my salesperson told me that theres no way I'd have to wait as long as August.

Not sure why he'd say this if hes not certain I'd get the car soon but heres the thing...

NO VON
NO VIN
NO INFO

So far...

So apart of me is losing hope and thinking I'll have to wait till September maybe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Really? I placed my order and got my VON in an email from SOA the next day.
maybe it depends how the dealer enters the info? i got nothing as well but got a printout. not sure if my email was ever provided to SOA. (possible it was, went to spam and i deleted it though)
I emailed my salesperson 2 months ago after the week I ordered it, and he said that my order has been successfully placed and they are just waiting on Toyota to confirm it.

Then I emailed him a month later whether Toyota's production for the GR86 lineup has slowed down or not and he said no it hasn't. No other info in that email that would help me so I'm just here waiting in the dark 😵‍💫😭

1 - 20 of 178 Posts