Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got a call from my dealer last week saying the car is already built and just needs to be shipped. He told me that it will likely take 8-9 weeks from his experience. My order was placed on April 7th.
Are you sure you are getting a '23 BRZ? My dealer just told me my '22 BRZ is scheduled to be built next week. I guess there could be different build runs for different markets.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure you are getting a '23 BRZ? My dealer just told me my '22 BRZ is scheduled to be built next week. I guess there could be different build runs for different markets.
Yea I'm sure. When I went to order in March they had already told me it would be a '23. I see people are still waiting for their '22s with July delivery dates that's why I wasn't sure if he was being for real with the 8-9 week estimate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Their website still shows the 22 BRZ and my dealer has said 23 production should start this summer but he obviously doesn't have any firm dates. My 23 BRZ order is scheduled for delivery in November or so and I ordered back in April. Maybe the delivery dates are based on geographic areas?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lucky! I wonder if mine will be done early 🤞

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got a call from my dealer last week saying the car is already built and just needs to be shipped. He told me that it will likely take 8-9 weeks from his experience. My order was placed on April 7th.
Something doesn’t seem right…

Orders for ‘22 cars closed in mid-January. Orders for ‘23 cars, at least in the USA, weren’t being accepted until April 19 or so. The earliest ETA I’ve heard of for a ‘23 is in August.

I wonder if maybe the dealer found a ‘22 that they were able to obtain somehow, like maybe swapping with another dealer.

Any which way, here’s hoping you get your car soon. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is really lucky and I'm happy to hear your getting your 2023 BRZ soon! I'm hoping to hear similar news here in Canada for my 2022/2023 GR86 but I don't think I will for a while.

Ordered this April and I was told it would come in 2 months but high doubts on that. Now I'm still sitting here with no info on where it is and its technically almost 2 months later. :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Something doesn’t seem right…

Orders for ‘22 cars closed in mid-January. Orders for ‘23 cars, at least in the USA, weren’t being accepted until April 19 or so. The earliest ETA I’ve heard of for a ‘23 is in August.

I wonder if maybe the dealer found a ‘22 that they were able to obtain somehow, like maybe swapping with another dealer.

Any which way, here’s hoping you get your car soon. Keep us updated!
Could be a bit different based on the region? I was told August-September in March before they could even place an order. Seems like ordering opened up a week earlier for them as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just got a text from my dealer that it’s looking like September for mine to be available instead of October

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was wondering how '23s could be built before my '22. Turns out i got incorrect build date info from my salesman. My '22 is to be in port next week (not built next week). :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
VIN number is here! Same ETA!
This is extremely exciting! On the other forum it seemed like a few Canadians had received their VINs, so it looks like that ball has started rolling in Canada and it has seemed like Canada has been about 2 weeks ahead of the US, so hopefully we will start receiving our VINs soon. I literally placed my order the exact minute the '23 orders opened in the US, so I really hope this means my VIN will be coming any day now!

Any idea why Canada is ahead of the US with the BRZ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is extremely exciting! On the other forum it seemed like a few Canadians had received their VINs, so it looks like that ball has started rolling in Canada and it has seemed like Canada has been about 2 weeks ahead of the US, so hopefully we will start receiving our VINs soon. I literally placed my order the exact minute the '23 orders opened in the US, so I really hope this means my VIN will be coming any day now!

Any idea why Canada is ahead of the US with the BRZ?
I'm in Canada and don't have an update yet. But I ordered in April so it makes sense. I was told it would take 2 - 4 months for mine to arrive. I know how the market is and the delays, but damn. I'm glad to hear atleast that things may be speeding up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Canada and don't have an update yet. But I ordered in April so it makes sense. I was told it would take 2 - 4 months for mine to arrive. I know how the market is and the delays, but damn. I'm glad to hear atleast that things may be speeding up.
Well I would be interested to hear when those who have already received VINs ordered because orders in the US only opened on April 19th and I feel like I heard they opened in Canada only a few weeks earlier, so you should still be in the ballpark.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I would be interested to hear when those who have already received VINs ordered because orders in the US only opened on April 19th and I feel like I heard they opened in Canada only a few weeks earlier, so you should still be in the ballpark.
I really hope so. I'm impatiently waiting for an email, phone call or text every single day. Its dreadful haha. I miss driving. But anyways we'll see I didn't even know orders opened in April. I thought I missed the window. Good to know I didn't however!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts