Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CarBuzz spotted what appears to be a GR86 prototype driving on a highway. According to them it was driving amongst a group of Ford Mustangs.

The video is short and not the best quality but here are some screenshots I took.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've seen the patent for the nose of the car and I like it well enough, I wish I could see the rear of the gr86 better because I am really hoping it looks different from the BRZ, I am just not a fan of it. I mentioned before in a different post that the line work from the brz doesn't make a whole lot of sense so I'm really hoping to see some subtle changes there too. The damn interior, if I see that "hair dryer" one more time... I am hoping to see see subtle changes there too. I guess I have high hopes for this car because I'll still get it if it's the same, but I must be in a camp of my own because I like the design of the current gen. I'll be sad to see my BRZ go but I'm hoping Toyota and Gazoo Racing does something magical.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've seen the patent for the nose of the car and I like it well enough, I wish I could see the rear of the gr86 better because I am really hoping it looks different from the BRZ, I am just not a fan of it. I mentioned before in a different post that the line work from the brz doesn't make a whole lot of sense so I'm really hoping to see some subtle changes there too. The damn interior, if I see that "hair dryer" one more time... I am hoping to see see subtle changes there too. I guess I have high hopes for this car because I'll still get it if it's the same, but I must be in a camp of my own because I like the design of the current gen. I'll be sad to see my BRZ go but I'm hoping Toyota and Gazoo Racing does something magical.
I really love the look of the original as well, however, I do think the changes to this car will make it far superior overall.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The front end looks like the mule 1 month prior to the BRZ reveal. The side looks the same as the BRZ's. The rear looks like there is some protrusion coming down from the Tail Lights.like what might be on the Camry or Supra. The overall rear end shape is the same.(no surprise). Perhaps the tail lights seem a little thinner and more elongated then in the BRZ. They seem to wrap around the sides and continue more to the rear wheel arch. They may actually be no thinner but seem so because of their extended length. I can't tell if the C pillar window shape is a littel bit different then the BRZ or not. It is covered however. That suggests a slight design change perhaps.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I take this as a sign that Toyota is addressing the poor off-the-line power current models have.
With it fixed, the GR86 and BRZ will be nearly perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts