1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
238 Posts
These pics are making it harder to decide I really thought the GR86 would be it, but I'm liking the BRZ styling now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
both of them look good but i definitely prefer the minimalistic and at the same time slightly more agressive look of the 86, it looks really elegant. when the brz was revealed i wasn't so hooked but the 86 just struck me, its front made it completely different for me and imo it fits to the rest of the car much better

·
Registered
16 Posts
Between the 2 choices, GR86 would be my first pick. I like the simple and clean front bumper design of the GR86 over the BRZ.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The GR86 is a cleaner simpler look, the BRZ is more aggressive to me. Personally the more I look at the 86 the more beautiful it gets. HOWEVER! I dont think I could ever appreciate the back of this car. Bumper is so chunky and it all looks so bloated. I really wish toyota had put the Venza taillights on this new 86, it would have been a show stopper for sure!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think I'm in the BRZ camp. While the BRZ has a more complicated front I think it looks bit more conservative
and sophisticated. I would say bit more "Porsche" like to me. What I mean is its purposeful. Porsche front ends
are note aggressively "mean". The GR 86 has a "mean aggressive grill". I think that's the philosophical difference between Toyota and Subaru. Toyota's have for more aggressive grills even in their sedans and SUV's. I tend to go for the understated look but classy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Saying this I get why people like the GR86. But if you look at the pictures posted here you see a car in dark grey and a bright red. The car in the dark grey looks almost washed out to me. But that red really plays off that aggressive grill.So while I prefer the BRZ in that WRX Rally Blue or Silver I still like the look of the 86 particularly in RED. I predict that's going to be the best selling color for this car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think I'm in the BRZ camp. While the BRZ has a more complicated front I think it looks bit more conservative
and sophisticated. I would say bit more "Porsche" like to me. What I mean is its purposeful. Porsche front ends
are note aggressively "mean". The GR 86 has a "mean aggressive grill". I think that's the philosophical difference between Toyota and Subaru. Toyota's have for more aggressive grills even in their sedans and SUV's. I tend to go for the understated look but classy.
Toyota does have a bad habit of over stylizing their cars now days. But its interesting about what you say about the brz compared to the 86. Personally I think the brz looks more agressive, and the 86 looks cleaner and simpler to me. But hey, all perspective I guess

·
Registered
355 Posts
The GR86 looks excellent in red.

It helps that the red part of the tail light wraps around the outside and does well at connecting the body lines around it.

Far better than the outgoing model.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts