1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
The GR86 is a cleaner simpler look, the BRZ is more aggressive to me. Personally the more I look at the 86 the more beautiful it gets. HOWEVER! I dont think I could ever appreciate the back of this car. Bumper is so chunky and it all looks so bloated. I really wish toyota had put the Venza taillights on this new 86, it would have been a show stopper for sure!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think I'm in the BRZ camp. While the BRZ has a more complicated front I think it looks bit more conservative
and sophisticated. I would say bit more "Porsche" like to me. What I mean is its purposeful. Porsche front ends
are note aggressively "mean". The GR 86 has a "mean aggressive grill". I think that's the philosophical difference between Toyota and Subaru. Toyota's have for more aggressive grills even in their sedans and SUV's. I tend to go for the understated look but classy.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Saying this I get why people like the GR86. But if you look at the pictures posted here you see a car in dark grey and a bright red. The car in the dark grey looks almost washed out to me. But that red really plays off that aggressive grill.So while I prefer the BRZ in that WRX Rally Blue or Silver I still like the look of the 86 particularly in RED. I predict that's going to be the best selling color for this car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think I'm in the BRZ camp. While the BRZ has a more complicated front I think it looks bit more conservative
and sophisticated. I would say bit more "Porsche" like to me. What I mean is its purposeful. Porsche front ends
are note aggressively "mean". The GR 86 has a "mean aggressive grill". I think that's the philosophical difference between Toyota and Subaru. Toyota's have for more aggressive grills even in their sedans and SUV's. I tend to go for the understated look but classy.
Toyota does have a bad habit of over stylizing their cars now days. But its interesting about what you say about the brz compared to the 86. Personally I think the brz looks more agressive, and the 86 looks cleaner and simpler to me. But hey, all perspective I guess

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.