Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Delicious Tuning is pleased to announce Remote Tuning and Stage 2 support for the 2022+ Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86. The gains on a Stage 2 setup are quite impressive for you track day race enthusiast out there. As you can see adding the JDL header by itself does not net much top end power, but does smooth out the mid range RPM power delivery. With a tune we are able to net quite a bit more from the vehicle on 91 and E85 fuels. I will step through what we tested so you can visually see the difference.

NOW Available @ Delicious Tuning (Free updates to our latest version through June 1st 2023.)

Stage 2 Options
Stage 2 EcuTeK Programming / Tuning Package
Stage 2 EcuTek Tune

Stage 1 Options
Stage 1 EcuTeK Programming / Tuning Package
Stage 1 EcuTek Tune

Rectangle Slope Font Plot Line

#1 - 100% Stock OEM 2022 Subaru BRZ, 91 oct vs. Stock BRZ w/ JDL UEL, K&N CAI, 91 oct .

In the dyno chart (#1) above, we are comparing a 100% stock OEM 2022 Subaru BRZ on California 91 octane fuel (no ECU tuning), vs a 2022 Subaru BRZ with a JDL UEL and K&N CAI on California 91 octane (no ECU tuning). As you can see the peak difference in horsepower is about 1-2 hp, but the mid range torque is quite an improvement, with about 10-15 ft/lbs.

Rectangle Slope Font Line Plot

#2 - 100% Stock OEM 2022 Subaru BRZ, 91 oct vs. Stock BRZ w/ JDL UEL, K&N CAI (w/ EcuTek tune), 91 oct .

In the dyno chart (#2) above the tune really helps improves the overall power delivery of the vehicle throughout the entire powerband. With this setup a tune is definitely required from your favorite tuner or remote tuner. The mid range torque is a great improvement over stock and very noticeable while driving the vehicle.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

#3 - 100% Stock OEM 2022 Subaru BRZ, 91 oct vs. Stock BRZ w/ JDL UEL, K&N CAI (w/ EcuTek tune), 91 oct vs. Stock BRZ w/ JDL UEL, K&N CAI (w/ EcuTek tune), E85

The dyno chart above (#3) is comparing the previous chart (#2) with the addition of E85 in the tank. At a little bit of a surprise to us we were able to net quite a nice gain on E85 (actually E60, based on the content mix we used) over 91 octane, making this a viable setup for 250hp on pure E85.

Figures are based on California 91 Octane Fuel for Manual or Automatic Transmission
Peak Horsepower Increase: +18-20 wheel horsepower
Peak Torque Increase: +10-12 wheel torque
Maximum Horsepower Gains: +18-20 wheel horsepower @ 7000 RPM
Maximum Torque Gains: +25-30 wheel torque @ 4500 RPM
PowerBand Expanded: +200 RPM's

Figures are based on E85 (E65 mix) Octane Fuel for Manual or Automatic Transmission
Peak Horsepower Increase: +28-30 wheel horsepower
Peak Torque Increase: +20-22 wheel torque
Maximum Horsepower Gains: +28-30 wheel horsepower @ 7000 RPM
Maximum Torque Gains: +35-40 wheel torque @ 4500 RPM
PowerBand Expanded: +200 RPM's

Notable Improvements in drivabilty
Smoother Power Delivery
Better Throttle Response
Improved Acceleration
Linear Power Curve

Stage Packages or Stage Tunes
Free updates to our latest version through June 1st 2023.
NOW available for sale

· Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
3,176 Posts
The links all go to stage 1 tunes.
Is flex fuel ready? Can stage 2 be used on the same JDL header with hi flow cat?

· Registered
2022 Subaru BRZ MT
66 Posts
+1 to links going to stage 1, website doesn’t seem to have stage 2‘s just yet

Will headers be a prerequisite to going E85? And curious if you have any comparisons showing purely the difference between adding the header or not adding the header.

· Registered
2022 Subaru BRZ MT
66 Posts

Will headers be a prerequisite to going E85? And curious if you have any comparisons showing purely the difference between adding the header or not adding the header.
Scratch this, I believe your prior post showing the original stage 1 is literally just this, no header and a tune. Seems like some meaty gains to be had with the header in the mid range

Anyone else have opinions on the JDL header, catted vs catless? @TRU-BOOST I know you have their catted header, do you anticipate the mid range bump being similar to catless with the tune?

· Registered
3,176 Posts
On 1st gen cars their catted vs catless headers performed basically the same on tuned NA cars. Once superchargers came into play the catless did see a small advantage up top. I am positive the midrange bump is still present on the catted header. My car can actually break traction from a roll. Before the header there was zero wheel spin without a clutch dump.

· Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Just had the webs developer fix it. Should be all set now. Thanks for letting us know.

· Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The links all go to stage 1 tunes.
Is flex fuel ready? Can stage 2 be used on the same JDL header with hi flow cat?
Not yet. It is in the works as this will be a full integrated CAN system. We are testing the kit out at the moment to make sure it is working as expected and then we will be releasing it. In the mean time we are offering switchable maps (15%, 35%, 55%, and 75%). We have the tune adjust +/- 10% so that will allow you to select the appropriate map for the estimated ethanol content.

· Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scratch this, I believe your prior post showing the original stage 1 is literally just this, no header and a tune. Seems like some meaty gains to be had with the header in the mid range

Anyone else have opinions on the JDL header, catted vs catless? @TRU-BOOST I know you have their catted header, do you anticipate the mid range bump being similar to catless with the tune?
We have not tried the catted JDL header so we have no data on it at the moment. The previous catted headers we have used on the Gen 1, did not have good results, so we never recommended them, better off sticking with stock. We believe this was due to the airflow (or lack thereof) through the header which caused back pressure in the system, in turn hurting the power. But like I said that was on the previous gen and not a JDL, so we do not have any data to share on this.

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Not yet. It is in the works as this will be a full integrated CAN system. We are testing the kit out at the moment to make sure it is working as expected and then we will be releasing it. In the mean time we are offering switchable maps (15%, 35%, 55%, and 75%). We have the tune adjust +/- 10% so that will allow you to select the appropriate map for the estimated ethanol content.
Perfect. Thanks for the update. I will wait for the proper flex kit. 👍

· Registered
2022 GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
816 Posts
Any runs showing what can be expected from a tune on 91 with stock header? I realize that bump in midrange torque will likely be completely gone or much less, but I'm still curious as to what this would net both there and overall. I think some other shops have done this obviously, but I was just curious because this post greatly demonstrates what to expect with basically all other setups vs that one and adding that in would solidify the entire picture for me. Thanks

Edit: nevermind, just saw the other post and clicked into the Stage 1 links for more info, albeit im not seeing a graph anywhere.

(8-12whp stock header vs 18-20whp aftermarket header, both on 91oct with tune.)

· Registered
21 Posts
Total twin noob here. I’m coming from mk7 golf’s using Cobb accessport for tuning.

Can some explain how these work to a dummy like me? Is there hardware and I need to buy first to allow me to apply these tunes?

I am interested in an ots stage 1 tune optimized for 93 octane but would be willing to remote tune if necessary.

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Total twin noob here. I’m coming from mk7 golf’s using Cobb accessport for tuning.

Can some explain how these work to a dummy like me? Is there hardware and I need to buy first to allow me to apply these tunes?

I am interested in an ots stage 1 tune optimized for 93 octane but would be willing to remote tune if necessary.
Yep that is an easy one. You would need to purchase the ecutek device, with either PC or bluetooth phone flash capabilities along with a tune license for the vehicle. Places like delicious and CSG both offer a OTS stage 1 tune package that runs a little over $1k for everything.

· Registered
6 Posts
Gains are promising but aren't these numbers a little low? On a fully stock, untuned car people have dyno'd 205-215whp on 93. Assuming 15% drivetrain loss the most power you made was 208.1whp on the FBO E60 Stage 2 car. Are the graphs just labeled incorrectly?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts