Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah the body resembles the 370z a bit here but I think in the end it'll look more influenced by the 2000GT. Sort of like the new Supra.
View attachment 184

I'm starting to see it throughout the GR86. Even the rear end.
View attachment 185
View attachment 186
Now that gives me more faith and confidence in this 86 successor.
It Is , anyway we Will miss the spoiler , the supra ending duck tail Is cool and for sure more efficent but the big Wing boy Is so fucking sexy , Like on the old supra mk4

·
Registered
86 Posts
It Is , anyway we Will miss the spoiler , the supra ending duck tail Is cool and for sure more efficent but the big Wing boy Is so fucking sexy , Like on the old supra mk4
Agree!
Aftermarket can fill in to some extent, I'll be looking forward to that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i like it it reminds me of a Lexus, Supra, 2000gt and the current generation. I hope it’s on the same chassis so most parts are interchangeable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Supra is nothing to do with the side on glass/window line of the 2000GT. The original GT86 took it's window/glass line from the 2000GT. It is well documented. That the new one is similar is really of no suprise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Why's everyone going on about i can this car and that in this GR86 lmao!! It's just a big facelift of our current car. This has got to be the laziest refresh going. If it comes out with 207bhp from an NA FA24 i will literally PML!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why's everyone going on about i can this car and that in this GR86 lmao!! It's just a big facelift of our current car. This has got to be the laziest refresh going. If it comes out with 207bhp from an NA FA24 i will literally PML!!
That's actually cause the current GT86 Is already a Great car , the only thing Is the Fa24 and the 20hp boost , what else are you asking for ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's actually cause the current GT86 Is already a Great car , the only thing Is the Fa24 and the 20hp boost , what else are you asking for ?
I've got a 19 BRZ and i think it's got to be one of the most overrated cars imo. What makes it such a great car in your opinion?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a 19 BRZ and i think it's got to be one of the most overrated cars imo. What makes it such a great car in your opinion?
Super Easy to handle while drifting, perfect balancing , cool style , not expensive to buy and mantain and mostly , it's the only rwd coupé below 30k $ together with mazda miata, what else are you asking from a 25k car in 2020? There Is no competitor for the GT86 , the only similar car Is the BMW 2 series coupé , at 36k with 2.0turbo engine , that got a lot more Power but i tried It some weeks ago and i can sell you that it's preatty hard top handle in drifting , it's a pro drifter car Like the old M3 and m5 , the 86 Is mostly a cool car for 20years hold Boyz to learn how to drift and to have fun, and it's a Great expression of the NA engine that Is dying recently

·
Registered
25 Posts
Like what Porsche did with the 981 & 982 Cayman ;) At least Toyota bother to reskin all the panels under the belt line.

·
Registered
59 Posts
New photo today of a BRZ test mule, shod with Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires, spied testing outside Las Vegas but wearing Michigan manufacturer plates.

No sound of a turbo, definitely a naturally aspirated boxer 4 heard after a loud full on WOT acceleration

Numerous sensors can be seen around the car (look behind the rear passenger wheel)

Gutted interior, this is clearly a powertrain mule

·
Registered
21 Posts
New photo today of a BRZ test mule, shod with Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires, spied testing outside Las Vegas but wearing Michigan manufacturer plates.

No sound of a turbo, definitely a naturally aspirated boxer 4 heard after a loud full on WOT acceleration

Numerous sensors can be seen around the car (look behind the rear passenger wheel)

Gutted interior, this is clearly a powertrain mule

View attachment 270
View attachment 271
Are you sure that this Is the gr86? It seems to be a GT86 without spoiler. It also could be gr86 but It Will be litterally a lot similar to the actual generation 86

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think it's just a test mule. So it very much is a current gen 86 or parts of it... but testing out other parts. And there's no way Toyota or Subaru are testing anything that isn't brand new.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts