Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
LOVE IT... looks really nice!

I saw another post talking about an intercooler... I'm not sure I see an intercooler here though

·
Registered
168 Posts
1) I'm liking this design more and more, it looks great and 2) I love that Toyota/Subaru are using the Mustang as a sparring partner for the 86/BRZ. I assume it's a 4-cylinder Mustang.

·
Registered
78 Posts
1) I'm liking this design more and more, it looks great and 2) I love that Toyota/Subaru are using the Mustang as a sparring partner for the 86/BRZ. I assume it's a 4-cylinder Mustang.
That's the prototype with the RC F engine test fitted

·
Registered
136 Posts
I really like the looks of the car! With these spy photos I'm praying we are getting some official news soon! I can see some of the old car and some inspiration of the supra as well. I'm super excited now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Funny. What size are those? Does anyone know?
There are two different wheels for the GR Yaris that are very similar, the mule is on the forged wheels. The one with more spokes happens to be cast and is the standard GR Yaris wheel. As mentioned previously, that wheel is an 18" and likely 8" wide, as the Yaris has a 225-40 tire regardless of if you get the forged wheel option. I don't think the GR86 will use either wheel in production, but who can know for certain at this point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
According to Toyota's UK website, the GR Yaris has 18” forged alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s 225/40R18 tires

I wonder if this car is using the same suspension as the GR Yaris?

View attachment 168
It doesn't, much of the GR Yaris chassis uses current gen Corolla hatch suspension components. The GR86 is on a mildly revised version of the previous ZN6 chassis.

·
Registered
78 Posts
According to Toyota's UK website, the GR Yaris has 18” forged alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s 225/40R18 tires
Pilot Sport 4S tires are magic. 90% of the grip of Cup 2s with daily driver friendly treadwear. I'll be extremely pleased if Pilot Sport 4S are a factory option. I'd probably get a set of PS4S on the car anyway when the first set of tires wears out if it's not available from the factory.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I started a dedicated thread to discuss what's new for the 2nd generation. Its best we continue our observations in it especially as more information and photos of future prototypes come out...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Found this on Instagram, a rough outline of the BRZ's body lines under the camo.

View attachment 178
I'm the only One Who can notice something fron Nissan 370z? It seem to be a mix with GT86/350z but mostly the front and sides fron 370z, i find It really nice and sporty , the only thing that i dislike Is the back side with those lights , and the missing spoiler. Without spoiler It seem to be more Linear but less aggressive . I Hope we Will see a "performance MN" version with a big spoiler and a body kit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm the only One Who can notice something fron Nissan 370z? It seem to be a mix with GT86/350z but mostly the front and sides fron 370z, i find It really nice and sporty , the only thing that i dislike Is the back side with those lights , and the missing spoiler. Without spoiler It seem to be more Linear but less aggressive . I Hope we Will see a "performance MN" version with a big spoiler and a body kit.
Yeah the body resembles the 370z a bit here but I think in the end it'll look more influenced by the 2000GT. Sort of like the new Supra.

I'm starting to see it throughout the GR86. Even the rear end.

Now that gives me more faith and confidence in this 86 successor.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah the body resembles the 370z a bit here but I think in the end it'll look more influenced by the 2000GT. Sort of like the new Supra.
View attachment 184

I'm starting to see it throughout the GR86. Even the rear end.
View attachment 185
View attachment 186
Now that gives me more faith and confidence in this 86 successor.
I agree 100% it has just enough of the old car but you can definitely see the Supra and 2000GT in the DNA, to be fair you could kind of see the 2000GT in the old models but now its more pronounced and visible.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts