Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Looks like Subaru just updated their website. Says the BRZ will debut Nov 18th!!!

Also, is this a new image of it??? Looks like it!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Headlamps look a bit "Porsche" like. I'm seeing a little Boxster/Panamera. Less Japanese. Wonder if this is intentional?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Headlamps look a bit "Porsche" like. I'm seeing a little Boxster/Panamera. Less Japanese. Wonder if this is intentional?
To me, I'm seeing that these headlights look to be roughly the same size and placement as the current BRZ, which to me confirms that the 2022 BRZ will mostly be an overhauled update of the current car, not something all new. The engineers were probably briefed to make the headlights look new but still fit in the same place.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks like Subaru just updated their website. Says the BRZ will debut Nov 18th!!!

Also, is this a new image of it??? Looks like it!!!!

View attachment 408
Thank god for Subaru otherwise we'd have barely anything on this car. Toyota has been so tight lipped on everything!

·
Registered
206 Posts
IToyota's recent relationship with BMW could've rubbed off on the design. So far I'm liking this sleeker look compared to the first gen.

·
Registered
79 Posts
To me, I'm seeing that these headlights look to be roughly the same size and placement as the current BRZ, which to me confirms that the 2022 BRZ will mostly be an overhauled update of the current car, not something all new. The engineers were probably briefed to make the headlights look new but still fit in the same place.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree with in terms of the general location of the headlamps. Clearly ,however the shape is completely different then the current BRZ. Also the new headlights appear taller, more square off and extend further back into the fender a la Porsche. Also if you look at the position of the lights within the lamp and you compare them to a Boxster/Cayman and Panamera you will see similarities.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Jalopnik mirrored the image to create this:

And another image with the lower bumper from the current BRZ

·
Registered
184 Posts

View attachment 412

View attachment 413

Does anyone else get Honda S2000 vibes from the front end?

·
Registered
188 Posts

View attachment 412

View attachment 413

Here's a good look at how the lower portion will be shaped on the final version:

Does anyone else get Honda S2000 vibes from the front end?

View attachment 416
I can see that. Toyobaru made a good decision on making the 86/BRZ design more curvy this time around. Hopefully the side profile on this generation isn't as flat as the outgoing model.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm getting more Porsche Panamera vibes from the front end especially when the official image is photo shopped by duplicating on the other side. The headlamps are more squared off and they travel a little further up the fender. The S2000 seem more front mounted. Further in the new BRZ there is clearly more hood contouring and more fender bulge than in the S2000. Even though the fenders in the new BRZ are flatter then the current car they are still there and a lot more prominent then in the S2000. Again I know I'm repeating myself. There is clearly a German/Porsche influence in the front end design on the new BRZ. It is not so typically Japanese. Perhaps when we get full access to the reverse front grill opening(narrower at top wider at bottom versus the wider at top and narrower at bottom of current car) we may see more Japanese influence. Based on what I've seen so far (including the side profile from the California Subaru meet) the front hood seems slightly longer with slightly longer overhang and it seems to be more rounded with flat but clearly pronounced fenders(again a little bit Porsche like). The car seems to also have a slightly longer tail with those wrap around tail lights(again a Euro style influence). Unlike the Z car or the Supra the BRZ/86 does not have a long historical perspective to relay on. This version 2 not only seems a bit more mature but decidedly with a more European influence in its design then in the current car. The 86 may split off in its design and adopt more Supra cues. In the video I do see some interesting design by the doors. You see the rear air slit behind the front fender and then you see the front of the door on outside of the body as if it is a floating door. So while the overall shape may be a bit more Euro conservative there are some very interesting design details on this new car. Overall I really like it.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts