Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Look-We are getting more horsepower than we all thought as well as more torque. That's going to address one key major complaint, lack of low and mid range power. In fact journalists that have been taken for a ride in it are already noticing the extra power. That's a good thing. Further Subaru already indicated this was deliberate to keep the price similar to the current car(perhaps slightly more). That means most likely undercutting the Veloster N and certainly the Civic Type R, as well upper version of the GTI, WRX etc. No its not a super fast car but your not going to be paying super high prices for these. But its no longer going to be called a slow car or a car where you have to wring the crap out of the engine to get power. The max torque now comes in at 3500 RPM versus 6000 RPM. Further really like the updated styling. More aggressive than I thought it was going to be. My only negative is that I kind of liked the reverse grill on the mule versus this new happy face. But that's the only demerit in my book. Overall it looks good. I particularly like the more rear pronounced hips on this car. What I found interesting is the clear Toyota influence on the interior. Kind of reminds me of the dash architecture of the Lexus IS. It is very Japanese and the side slots and lower cladding is clear Japanese styling elements. I was a bit surprised that the car is only an inch and half longer. The mule we saw seemed like a more conservative but longer design. Its amazing how much camouflage hides on surface detailing. It will be interesting to see what the performance improvement is. I suspect about 3/4 of a second quicker to 60 MPH with much better mid range torque. Another words a real sports car at a reasonable price. Good job Subaru!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts