Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delicious Tuning is pleased to announce EcuTek Tuning support for the 2022+ Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86. We purchased the EcuTek tuning software on October 28th 2022 and we were able to devote an entire day to tuning the vehicle on our in house AWD Dyno Dynamics. Through the process we updated everyone on our IG (DeliciousTuning) account on how the process was going and what we thought of the vehicle tuning platform compared to the previous generation and what the potential is for this platform.

While the vehicle has a lot of potential especially on forced induction applications, we do see some power gains to be had on pump gas and even E85 with some performance modifications. We do expect this platform to handle performance upgrades well with whoever you choose as your tuner. If you are interested in purchasing our Stage 1 Tune or Package, you may do through our store or by following the links below.

NOW Available

Stage 1 EcuTeK Programming / Tuning Package
Stage 1 EcuTek Tune

Initial Dyno Results (Before and After)

Figures are based on California 91 Octane Fuel for Manual or Automatic Transmission
Peak Horsepower Increase: +8-12 wheel horsepower
Peak Torque Increase: +8-12 wheel torque
Maximum Horsepower Gains: +12-14 wheel horsepower @ 7200 RPM
Maximum Torque Gains: +10-14 wheel torque @ 4200 RPM
PowerBand Expanded: +200 RPM's

Notable Improvements in drivabilty
Smoother Power Delivery
Better Throttle Response
Improved Acceleration
Linear Power Curve

Stage 1 Package or Stage 1 Tune
Free updates to our latest version through June 1st 2023.
NOW available for sale

Regards,
William

· Registered
159 Posts
I know with OFT tunes using their tablet you can flash on their off the shelf tune and flash back to OEM if going in for service to avoid trouble with powertrain warranty. Does ECUTEK offer a similar experience?

Your improvement in throttle response comment piqued my interest most, but only if warranty is retained.

· Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know with OFT tunes using their tablet you can flash on their off the shelf tune and flash back to OEM if going in for service to avoid trouble with powertrain warranty. Does ECUTEK offer a similar experience?

Your improvement in throttle response comment piqued my interest most, but only if warranty is retained.
EcuTek offers the same thing. You can flash your vehicle with our tune and at any time flash back to your stock OEM ROM for your vehicle.

We are working on throttle response now. While not quite available it is in the works right now. With our tunes on this platform we will making routine updates for a few months, as more development from EcuTek is released. With that in mind we are offering free updates through June 1st 2023 for all customers.

· Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
3,176 Posts
Those are almost identical gains as the gen 1 cars with stage 1 tune. Stage 1 with E85 was about 30HP.
Stage 2 (header and tune) says it was good for about 30HP on 91. I dont see a graph for stage 2 with E85 but I have to imagine that should be significantly more.
Crazy that a stage 1 off the shelf tune costs over $1k though. I guess I have been spoiled by Fords. I can buy an SCT flash device with custom E tune for $600 all day.

· Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those are almost identical gains as the gen 1 cars with stage 1 tune. Stage 1 with E85 was about 30HP.
Stage 2 (header and tune) says it was good for about 30HP on 91. I dont see a graph for stage 2 with E85 but I have to imagine that should be significantly more.
Crazy that a stage 1 off the shelf tune costs over $1k though. I guess I have been spoiled by Fords. I can buy an SCT flash device with custom E tune for $600 all day.
Yep, it is a bit more expensive. The Ecutek hardware, license, and Bluetooth connect are the bulk of the cost. But really no other comparable solutions on the market.

· Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for my ignorance. What is the Pro ECU license and why is it needed? Is the BlueTooth the only way you are able to tune?
So EcuTek sells at minimum two items for you to personally reflash your vehicle with the Delicious Stage 1 tune.

First you need thier hardware. Programming Kit or BlueTooth EcuConnect.
Second you need a license, like Microsoft, that goes on the ECU. This allows any evutek tuner to program it.

· Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
3,176 Posts
The license thing is a bit lame and just added expense. It should be included in the cost of the hardware. Realistically what can you do with the hardware without a license? My thought is that it is used to prevent people from using 1 device to tune multiple cars. The American tuning devices I have used (SCT, Diablo, Bully) all go about this differently and in a better way IMO. The device extracts the stock tune and "marries" itself to that vehicle. At that point the device cannot be used on any other vehicle until the stock file is returned to the original vehicle. They do give you the option to then buy additional licenses to tune multiple vehicles, but the 1st one is on the house since you paid for the device. It would be great if more tuning options existed, but it is what it is.

Show me some flex fuel and take my money.

· Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
2,032 Posts
Day 1 gains look great!

Also pretty keen on the throttle response side, and pleasing to see that the power pulls right out. Interesting to hear from you about reliability and testing on the extra 200 rpm limit - seems conservative, but for track duty I'd almost be tempted to ask instead for a retained rev limit - looking forward to seeing customer results!

· Registered
'23 BRZ Limited - 6MT - SBP
479 Posts
Nice to see the pickup on just a tune...and on crappy 91 California gas. I'm sure we are going to see a bunch of folks testing headers and other bolt ons now that we have tuning available.

You know...not having tuning available was making it easy to focus on wheels/tires/suspension. Now i just want to throw my credit card at the internet!

· Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The license thing is a bit lame and just added expense. It should be included in the cost of the hardware. Realistically what can you do with the hardware without a license? My thought is that it is used to prevent people from using 1 device to tune multiple cars. The American tuning devices I have used (SCT, Diablo, Bully) all go about this differently and in a better way IMO. The device extracts the stock tune and "marries" itself to that vehicle. At that point the device cannot be used on any other vehicle until the stock file is returned to the original vehicle. They do give you the option to then buy additional licenses to tune multiple vehicles, but the 1st one is on the house since you paid for the device. It would be great if more tuning options existed, but it is what it is.

Show me some flex fuel and take my money.
Totally get it, but EcuTek has been using this system for 20+ years. The hardware can be used on any cars thry support, so I guess that is why the have to license the ECU.

So you are more than welcome to reach out to them about it. I know I spoken ton them multiple times aboit it over the last 20 years and no change. So it is what it is.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts