Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subaru released a new video that has rally driver Takuma Kamada testing the 2022 BRZ in the snow.

Video caption (translated from Japanese):

Rally driver Takuma Kamada checked on the snow the new SUBARU BRZ, which has evolved all aspects of driving, safety, and design with the aim of becoming even more "ultimate." What is the power of the new SUBARU BRZ that has become clearer by running FR cars on slippery snow?

·
Registered
313 Posts
So I wonder if this is an attempt to emphasize the rally capability of the BRZ. Based on shock and spring tuning we know that the BRZ seems more stable in a corner and less tail happy than the 86. So this could be a marketing move to try and tie the BRZ to the WRX even though it is RWD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
for sure as subaru was pushing similar narrative in the previous materials, they are trying to bond brz with the wrx and other models tied with motorsports. it makes perfect sense

off-topic question, but have any of you seen some video where the front indicators are visible? i don't know if the drl are going to change into blinker or maybe the "inner" part of the lamp is just for that? i think the latter based on the lens look but i don't know. here's what i mean:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I wonder if this is an attempt to emphasize the rally capability of the BRZ. Based on shock and spring tuning we know that the BRZ seems more stable in a corner and less tail happy than the 86. So this could be a marketing move to try and tie the BRZ to the WRX even though it is RWD.
It does seem like Subaru is trying to say to its customers "look we know it's now AWD like your cars, but it handles just as well in the snow as they do". Let's see if they do more videos like this that emphasize the handling.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for sure as subaru was pushing similar narrative in the previous materials, they are trying to bond brz with the wrx and other models tied with motorsports. it makes perfect sense

off-topic question, but have any of you seen some video where the front indicators are visible? i don't know if the drl are going to change into blinker or maybe the "inner" part of the lamp is just for that? i think the latter based on the lens look but i don't know. here's what i mean:

View attachment 1058
This video shows the BRZ with the hazard lights on (49 seconds in) and the inside light is the one that flashes. It's the closest I've seen so far.

·
Registered
694 Posts

View attachment 1058
It's likely a switch-back type of lighting setup for the turn signals.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Subaru released another video of the BRZ in the snow. This time they do a comparison test of the automatic and manual transmissions with Production car world rally championship champion Toshihiro Arai and Japan rally championship champion Daiki Arai.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.