Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an allocation order in with local dealer for a few months. Looked online and found one coming to a dealer a ways away. Called dealer and got the $3500 market adjustment talk. I said no way, they said ok, MSRP it is. $33,680 + 7% tax. Of course its a manual tran & has the all weather mats.
Flew out and drove it on backroads 7 hrs back home not going over 3000rpms or so. Rained on my 6 different times on way home.
First new car ever and I'm 45. Really wanted a white or silver or neptune, said I'd never have another black car again after a 2005 CTSV, but here we are.
Called the dealer who still has my allocation and changed it to the Orange special edition one. Will trade/sell in the black if the orange ever comes.

Cloud Tire Wheel Car Sky

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dealer actually budged when you didn't want to accept the car with a market adjustment? I wish I could do that at the dealership that's closest to me. They got like 10 cars there all priced at like 45k+ :cautious:.

Congrats on the car! Hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
851 Posts
The dealer actually budged when you didn't want to accept the car with a market adjustment? I wish I could do that at the dealership that's closest to me. They got like 10 cars there all priced at like 45k+ :cautious:.

Right?! I talked to so many dealers near me and they will not budge on mark ups. Pretty much their mindset is, "it's ok if you don't buy it because someone will eventually buy it at that price".

·
Registered
GR86 MT Pavement
827 Posts

Let em choke on those cars...
The black looks amazing. Best of luck keeping it clean.
I've had two black cars. Not again until I can have the whole thing wrapped and coated and parked in a huge garage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts