Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brz owners for 1st gen, can you please tell me if the center console is too close to your right foot. Sometimes the distance between the center console and the gas pedal is small making your right foot hurt. I always like cars where the center console does not touch your leg by default and you have enough distance to lay your foot on the side if you wanted to.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 BRZ
281 Posts
Brz owners for 1st gen, can you please tell me if the center console is too close to your right foot. Sometimes the distance between the center console and the gas pedal is small making your right foot hurt. I always like cars where the center console does not touch your leg by default and you have enough distance to lay your foot on the side if you wanted to.

Thanks
I had a 1st get a few years ago so its not super fresh in my memory, but I had absolutely no issues with my personal fit in the car. For reference I'm 6ft tall. I'm honestly not even sure of the dimensions on the new ones but id see if a dealer in your area has a 1st gen on the lot and look to test drive it then compare the interior dimensions. I haven't seen any complaints from any of the media that drove it though.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Sport-Tech 6MT, WR Blue
47 Posts
I had a 1st get a few years ago so its not super fresh in my memory, but I had absolutely no issues with my personal fit in the car. For reference I'm 6ft tall. I'm honestly not even sure of the dimensions on the new ones but id see if a dealer in your area has a 1st gen on the lot and look to test drive it then compare the interior dimensions. I haven't seen any complaints from any of the media that drove it though.
The only thing I saw in a review concerning the interior is that the seats are closer to the center of the car now. That could mean millimeters or inches, I do not know, and of course, it could be total B.S.; as you really can't trust everything you see on the internet.

·
Registered
22 BRZ
281 Posts
The only thing I saw in a review concerning the interior is that the seats are closer to the center of the car now. That could mean millimeters or inches, I do not know, and of course, it could be total B.S.; as you really can't trust everything you see on the internet.
Interesting, I thought I remember seeing a video saying they basically stretched the car out a touch making it slightly wider and longer which in turn made it a bit lower. If this is the case I'd guess the seats were a little further out than before but like you said who knows, I might be misremembering it. Ill see if I can find that video and post it here if so.

Edit: Couldn't find what I was thinking. I found a couple reviewers saying the car is an inch longer, the wheel base is 5mm longer. I only found 1 person saying the cabin was pinched but no specifics, so you may be right about it being slightly tighter fit inside. Guess we will find out when they arrive.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Sport-Tech 6MT, WR Blue
47 Posts
Interesting, I thought I remember seeing a video saying they basically stretched the car out a touch making it slightly wider and longer which in turn made it a bit lower. If this is the case I'd guess the seats were a little further out than before but like you said who knows, I might be misremembering it. Ill see if I can find that video and post it here if so.

Edit: Couldn't find what I was thinking. I found a couple reviewers saying the car is an inch longer, the wheel base is 5mm longer. I only found 1 person saying the cabin was pinched but no specifics, so you may be right about it being slightly tighter fit inside. Guess we will find out when they arrive.
Yeah so from what I found, the car is
  • 1.2" longer,
  • no width difference,
  • roof is .4" lower.
And for wheelbase..
  • .2" longer
  • no change to the track in the front,
  • .4" wider track in the rear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.