Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'22 bRed GR86 Premium MT
108 Posts
poor clutch

I was thinking mine pulled to 140 quicker than that but then I saw the outside temp. I've noticed the car definitely feels slower when it's hot out, almost like a turbo car

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,099 Posts
It will be with another 100hp…..
Agree. Its not bad for what it is really. In the wee hours of the morning today I did a run with my cousin (in mexico). He has a C6 gran sport vette with a manual. From a dig I was given nothing but the hit and it turned out better than I expected. I took off and he spun some. Ended up passing me right at my shift to 4th at around 85mph. The PS4 tires provide more than enough grip for the relatively low amount of power. With a little less throttle than shown in these videos I can leave the line clean and hard with just a few chirps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pretty sure these are speed limited. I’ve had a number of heavier cars with less power and worse aero (mainly diesel), that are faster. The nearest petrol (gasoline) car I had was 20 years ago, an e46 325ci, this was heavier than the GR/BRZ and had just 192bhp, yet had a top speed of 149mph. Without a limiter I’m pretty sure the GR/BRZ would do 150mph+

·
Registered
16 Posts
6th gear is 38km/1000. Extrapolate that and you get 285kph @7500 redline. About 175mph. Unlikely, as it doesn't have enough torque to push those numbers against the air resistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts