Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Wow... will be interesting to see if Toyota follow suit, seeing as they were what, 8 weeks behind Subaru at least, maybe longer, on beginning production?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They likely had a 50/50 deal and the rest of production is reserved for Toyota?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guessing orders could reopen later if supplier shortages work themselves out soon and the factory can run full-steam again. Of course, that Gunma factory makes a lot more than just the twins...

Registered
I was literally going to the dealer this Saturday to place my BRZ order. Sales person told me today that if we order soon, I could have the car in March or April. Another dealer told me May or June.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are likely BRZ's unspoken for in production or in transit. Just no more customer orders as of today.

Keep in mind that Subaru and Toyota have very different philosophies: Subaru is big on orders whereas Toyota prefers to surprise with a this-is-what-you-guys-are-getting approach. In other words, I don't think Toyota allocations are suddenly going to dry up; if all of Subaru's orders amount to 2 months of work, then Toyotas are going to keep rolling off for at least that long too.

Registered
I was literally going to the dealer this Saturday to place my BRZ order. Sales person told me today that if we order soon, I could have the car in March or April. Another dealer told me May or June.
Contacted both dealers this morning. Will update when I hear back.

Registered
For what it's worth on the Canadian front, February and March combined will see 40 orders slated for Canada, and 2023 production is set to start in June.

And unrelated to BRZ/86, but almost 80% of Canadas 2022 WRX orders for February were cancelled due to a supply chain issue.

Registered
Think it may be our turn now guys. Us Europeans have been waiting patiently for the GR86 to be released and its now gearing up it, so it may be because of that. They have additional markets to supply now. Allocations are going to be severely limited over here, so I wouldn't expect free rein for the rest of the world either.

Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
For what it's worth on the Canadian front, February and March combined will see 40 orders slated for Canada, and 2023 production is set to start in June.

And unrelated to BRZ/86, but almost 80% of Canadas 2022 WRX orders for February were cancelled due to a supply chain issue.
Im told orders have not even opened to dealers on the 22 wrx. I "may" have been looking into one of them as well.

Registered
Im told orders have not even opened to dealers on the 22 wrx. I "may" have been looking into one of them as well.
Whoever told you that was wrong or lied. We have had '22 WRXs ordered since the first week of November. Production is set to begin this month.

Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
Whoever told you that was wrong or lied. We have had '22 WRXs ordered since the first week of November. Production is set to begin this month.
I wonder if thats a canada thing..? As of last week the same dealer that placed my BRZ order said the 22 WRX is not available to order and does not even show in the system yet. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
They likely had a 50/50 deal and the rest of production is reserved for Toyota?
This was my same thought as well. Subaru got the head start and market share for release while Toyota delayed and implemented their changes. Now that the BRZ has been on the market for a while I think production will ramp up for the 86. Which is kinda corroborated by what people are saying about the Longo Toyota allocations. They鈥檙e one of the longest waitlists as far as I鈥檓 aware of and they鈥檙e apparently getting 30 cars for their allocation this month. I wouldn鈥檛 be surprised if the trend continues for other regions.

Registered
I wonder if thats a canada thing..? As of last week the same dealer that placed my BRZ order said the 22 WRX is not available to order and does not even show in the system yet. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
It's possible, but seeing as the US is a way bigger market I'd find it odd that they'd be behind us in the ordering process. One of our WRXs was actually just assigned its VIN today.

Registered
@SwiftBRZ can you see the full statement on subarunet? is the below statement complete or accurate?

from the other forum:

-----------------------------
Sold orders for 22MY BRZ are closing Thursday January 13, 2022 at 5:00 PM EST.

The launch of the 2022 MY BRZ has been a driving success, selling 1,579 vehicles through the 1st three months of sales ending in December 2021, and setting a new all-time monthly sales record in December with over a thousand BRZ鈥檚 sold!

Adding to this success was an exceptionally high number of sold orders, indicating demand is consuming our expected supply well into the future. Sold orders have reached the point where they have nearly consumed our expected supply for the 鈥22 model year. To increase the odds that we can deliver on the orders already promised, and to reduce the odds that we do not have to cancel any orders already created, we must close Sold Orders for the 鈥22MY BRZ.

As you know we are continuously working with our colleagues at SBR to procure more inventory for the US market. If we are able to increase BRZ production in the future, we will work to re-open the sold order system at that time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Simon,

Did you get your order in? If not, there are quite a few of both trims scattered across canada if you aren't too picky about color. Where are you?

Registered
No order in yet. I'm no rush at all. I'm in Ajax ON. Actually looking into a GR as I really don't like the BRZ front end.

Just curious what additional info (if any) is out there regarding the shortages. The line 'Sold orders have reached the point where they have nearly consumed our expected supply for the 鈥22 model year.' has me thinking they really didn't expect this kind of success.

Also nice to see there's still a strong market for these types of vehicles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts