Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered: '22 LTD AT Sapphire Blue Pearl
88 Posts
Can the hill assist be turned off or defeated? How well does it work?

·
Registered
88 Posts
@PhatFreshPrince Thank you for those links. Pragmatically, not defeatable in real-world driving situations: "Park your vehicle on a flat and safe location. Turn the ignition switch to the 'OFF' position...."

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think the hill assist is much improved from the 2015 WRX, but I really don't get why they thought it was necessary to constantly tell us its on.
I agree. I think it is only activated if the car is on a steep incline. It would be nice for the feature to be ON and the light to be OFF unless you stop on an incline large enough to activate it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, check out "Hill Start Assist System" on page 259 of the Owner's Manual.
Here is a link to get the manuals.
Jumping on this, to turn it off, do the same thing to turn it on.

But the hill assist is great on this generation, I just hate seeing that light always on

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
78 Posts
OMG I am glad somebody else has wondered this..!! Every single review video I have watched all I can see is that stupid light glaring at me on the dash. I keep thinking, why in the world is nobody turning that off. I for one will turn it off before I even leave the dealership. I have driven manual for 20 years. I have never and will never need assistance to drive on a hill. That looking back at me all day would me nuts too. And if I were to leave it on I would feel like a cheater. This is a purist car.... turn it off. I have attached the steps in the manual to turn it off and save your sanity.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hopefully it doesn't reset on the next start.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
78 Posts
Aside from the light being annoying, is there any benefits to having it turned off?
Pride. Think of it as a crutch. You shouldnt need it. Just like all the honda and hyundai drivers like to brag about their automatic rev matching feature. To me if you are using that it just means you cant drive very well. Im probably the minority on that topic though, people love their "tech".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pride. Think of it as a crutch. You shouldnt need it. Just like all the honda and hyundai drivers like to brag about their automatic rev matching feature. To me if you are using that it just means you cant drive very well. Im probably the minority on that topic though, people love their "tech".
Yeah, that makes since. I have drove a manual in years so don't mind it until I get back into the swing of things, lol. Or well won't mind it once I finally take delivery of my car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts