Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hey @kevinoh17! Welcome to the forum! I don't see why the GR86's duckbill wouldn't fit on the BRZ. The question is if Toyota will sell it extra. It's hard to say because Toyota is so far behind Subaru as far as orders, pricing, and accessories are concerned.

Which BRZ spec are you looking to get?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did read somewhere (can't remember the source) that Toyota would offer the duckbill spoiler as an extra part. But you should also check out the one from Toms Racing in Japan. I think it looks even better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking to preorder a BRZ limited here relatively soon. Little late but hoping it still arrives sometime this year.

Gotcha, liking the little extra the duckbill does on the GR86 and hoping they sell it separately.

Just saw the Toms racing spoiler and that looks pretty good too. We'll see if or when theyre available.

·
Registered
22 BRZ
201 Posts
Anyone have any idea if we can install a premium GR86 duckbill onto the BRZ as well or if we can even purchase the duckbill at the dealership later down the line?
I would be very surprised if they don't sell it separate. It'll most likely be special order, available unpainted and painted. Im considering one myself but I want to see it in person on the car first, I also wanna give the aftermarket a chance to come out with some additional options. Im just hoping its not something we have to drill holes for, I always have pause when it comes to drilling holes in brand new trunks.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Looking to preorder a BRZ limited here relatively soon. Little late but hoping it still arrives sometime this year.

Gotcha, liking the little extra the duckbill does on the GR86 and hoping they sell it separately.

Just saw the Toms racing spoiler and that looks pretty good too. We'll see if or when theyre available.
That's the good think at least about these cars. If Toyota for whatever reason doesn't sell it separate at least there's going to be a bunch of companies selling parts.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
340 Posts
That's the good think at least about these cars. If Toyota for whatever reason doesn't sell it separate at least there's going to be a bunch of companies selling parts.
Yeah I really can't wait to see what Rocket Bunny has to offer. Their old Ducktails for the last Gen had great designs.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,171 Posts
It is sold in Japan as an accessory. Its not a standard option in any trim for them, but they can purchase it.

Which means you can purchase it :) It might need to be shipped and cost a lot, but at some point they might stock it where you live.

You could also consider waiting, as I would expect people to make copies of it and sell it for cheaper.

·
Registered
709 Posts
It is sold in Japan as an accessory. Its not a standard option in any trim for them, but they can purchase it.

Which means you can purchase it :) It might need to be shipped and cost a lot, but at some point they might stock it where you live.

You could also consider waiting, as I would expect people to make copies of it and sell it for cheaper.
I think so too, there shouldn't be a shortage of options for getting parts for either car. Unless you're REALLY eager to start your build.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, wife wants a premium but doesn’t like the spoiler, would go with a brz upper trim but the flat front tag/plate mounting is better hidden on the gr86 and for that little reason, the brz is out. For that reason, she’s getting a 86 in red but we’ll be taking off the spoiler IF the area underneath is clean, not drilled. When we get order and receive the car, we’ll let it go for a pretty cheap price, again IF there are no holes in the trunk lid.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,171 Posts
Hi guys, wife wants a premium but doesn’t like the spoiler, would go with a brz upper trim but the flat front tag/plate mounting is better hidden on the gr86 and for that little reason, the brz is out. For that reason, she’s getting a 86 in red but we’ll be taking off the spoiler IF the area underneath is clean, not drilled. When we get order and receive the car, we’ll let it go for a pretty cheap price, again IF there are no holes in the trunk lid.
At a guess I'd say it would be drilled. I haven't seen anyone in japan that has deleted it.

The plate on the BRZ will fully hide the mount for it - is it a car for her or for you or both, and which one do you prefer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
She has a manual FR-S now and really wants to look at the new Z when it comes out but it’s going to be out of our price range so gen 2 86 it is. I drive a 5.0 Genesis for my daily but I love driving her car more. If I had to pick one, I’m leaning towards the 86, I think I like the nose more but they’re both extremely good looking. If you happen to come across what’s under the duckbill, please share!😁

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.