Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Sport-Tech (6 speed manual)
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods remove if not allowed. Just looking to see if anyone knows if any aftermarket companies have made an axle back exhaust yet for the 2022 BRZ. Been driving my grey sport tech BRZ for the last week or so and I’m finding there is not near enough sound. I’m thinking an axle back will be enough to make me happy. I’m not looking for anything full cat back or obnoxious; I know HKS has a full cat back already. I’ve emailed Remark to see if they are going to make one but they aren’t in office until the start of January. Also F4F to spread love @Newfie_buurz on Instagram.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
278 Posts
Nothing is out yet. By the time you go custom you will likely pay more than a produced kit. You will also be at the mercy of how skilled the person is that makes it. I would hold off a bit. I am in the same position. I may go catback, but I do a lot of highway driving and most of them drone like crazy. Axle backs sound just as good under throttle but dont drive you insane on a long commute. It would help if they new how to gear a transmission to be aggressive in the low gears but then not scream at 3500+ RPM in 6th gear on the highway.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nothing is out yet. By the time you go custom you will likely pay more than a produced kit. You will also be at the mercy of how skilled the person is that makes it. I would hold off a bit. I am in the same position. I may go catback, but I do a lot of highway driving and most of them drone like crazy. Axle backs sound just as good under throttle but dont drive you insane on a long commute. It would help if they new how to gear a transmission to be aggressive in the low gears but then not scream at 3500+ RPM in 6th gear on the highway.
I did say, quality exhaust shop, lol but I know what you mean. I have a guy, 3rd generation mechanic/welder, so he does all my exhaust work.

Quick sample of a cheap one I had him do for my Mazda 3. Used a vibrant resonator in place of the OEM axel back. Completely bolt-on too so I can easily return it to stock. Cost me about $300CND installed, including parts. Cheapest axel-back for a 1st Gen twin is upwards of $800CND. Considering the axle-back itself won't net any gains, why spend an extra $500 on it? The one on my Mazda does drone a bit but that's from choosing to use a vibrant resonator. This time I will find a high quality muffler instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
agreed. I’ve went custom before mainly on my MK7 Golf I traded in, and the shop that was supposed to be good butchered my entire exhaust. It was pieced together with numerous different sized piping, cut and welded in the dumbest places, despite the fact that the shop had a pipe bender. Don’t trust anyone around here. I’ll wait on a word from remark as I know they make good products. My buddy has a 2018 WRX sport tech and he has a remark axle back on it. It sounds perfect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did say, quality exhaust shop, lol but I know what you mean. I have a guy, 3rd generation mechanic/welder, so he does all my exhaust work.

Quick sample of a cheap one I had him do for my Mazda 3. Used a vibrant resonator in place of the OEM axel back. Completely bolt-on too so I can easily return it to stock. Cost me about $300CND installed, including parts. Cheapest axel-back for a 1st Gen twin is upwards of $800CND. Considering the axle-back itself won't net any gains, why spend an extra $500 on it? The one on my Mazda does drone a bit but that's from choosing to use a vibrant resonator. This time I will find a high quality muffler instead.
Sounds and looks good. For me a bolt on axleback will be what I’ll wait for. I don’t trust any shops in my province enough to be at it. Too many bad experiences thus far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts