Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
23 lbs is decent to good for a factory 18 in my opinion. Not nearly as light as some of the aftermarket equivalents, but not what I'd consider heavy in that size. Thanks for posting, it was one of the things I was curious about.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Sport-Tech 6MT, WR Blue
47 Posts
In case anyone is interested. I just measured the 18-inch wheel set that comes with the BRZ limited.

Total wheel + tire weight: 43.1 lbs
Tire weight per TireRack: 20 lbs
Wheel alone would be about 23 lbs.
Can confirm. I have JUST the tires from my car and those 18" Michelin PS4's are 20.6lbs on my scale.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Can confirm. I have JUST the tires from my car and those 18" Michelin PS4's are 20.6lbs on my scale.
If accurate, that makes the wheels 22.5 lbs. Again, really a respectable figure for an 18" wheel that isn't forged. Light enough that I don't really have any motivation to replace them, though I know some people who heavily modify their cars will change the wheels almost as soon as they get it home from the dealer.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Sport-Tech 6MT, WR Blue
47 Posts
If accurate, that makes the wheels 22.5 lbs. Again, really a respectable figure for an 18" wheel that isn't forged. Light enough that I don't really have any motivation to replace them, though I know some people who heavily modify their cars will change the wheels almost as soon as they get it home from the dealer.
Agreed. I'm looking to NOT spend a fortune on rims and the bronze Enkei's I like are roughly 20lbs for an 18x8. So saving 2.5 lbs on each corner isn't bad!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm in the market for 17" wheel and tires for the BRZ Premium 6MT I have on order likely June delivery.
Preferred size and offset is these in pic which are supposedly to come in awhile from Toyota.
But if going after market I would want exactly the same specs (the Toyota GR86 TRD ones 17 x 7.5 43mm inset) but 7" width instead if 7.5" so my target is forged 17 x 7 43mm inset.

I don't like the stock 17" BRZ ones for several reasons but a big one is because they have for aesthetics too much overall diameter in order to make them look more like 18".
Wish I would have measured the diameter of the 17" vs 18" when both were at a dealership here but there's nothing more in stock.
Looked to me like the 17 vs 18 were nearly the same diameter. Hope that makes sense, I'm saying they added lip diameter to the 17 making it look more like a stupid looking 18.
Wheel Tire Light Car Automotive tire

1 - 17 of 17 Posts